Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

home made controller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home made controller
    Posted: 03-Feb-2005 at 14:38

Hi Edy, firstly i must say that your software itīs  great, im very happy with free version, good job!

Iīm from Brazil (so, sorry for my bad english, i donīt wanto try wrote in spanish becouse iīm very confused to translate this text) and very interested in mp3 controllers, but i have no maney as well so....

Since i have tested the last beta with joystick support iīm planning to build a controller via joystick, i have 2 cdj piooner 500 and 1 had broken in 1996 and i canīt do a reppair since that, so i decide to hack and use a joystick circuit do make a controller.

i soldered the pitch circuit to a "y" axis (+5v and GND pins) into a joy circuit and the buttons o cdj to buttons of joystick, works like a charm to me but when move pitch fader itīs send continuos signal to y axis... can you do via software a way that a y axis send a temporary data?

here are some pictures of it:

(now working)

(cdj cover)

(cdj inside)

(fader with +5v and GND cable)

(fader with +5v and GND cable)

(joystick axys pcb)

(pitch on joystick pcb)

(joystick pcb)

(joystick cover)

(on playing. Obs. you didnīt see any beer here ok?)

(me!)

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 02:27

Congratulations!! Your controller looks great!

Quote i soldered the pitch circuit to a "y" axis (+5v and GND pins) into a joy circuit and the buttons o cdj to buttons of joystick, works like a charm to me but when move pitch fader itīs send continuos signal to y axis... can you do via software a way that a y axis send a temporary data?

I don't fully understand you here, please explain it with more details.

Have you calibrated the joystick at Windows' Control Panel > Game Devices?

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Dj_William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2005 at 17:11

Yes, i calibrated the jay.

But, the pitch of software only stop moving when i move the pitch fader (Y axis) to center and i would like to stop move pitch fader, (no on center fader) and the software stop moving.

I routed the joystick to midi to control virtualdj and there has a option to send temporary comand.

hope that you understand, thankīs

William

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2005 at 05:08

I think I got it. By default the Y axis of the joystick is mapped to the function "Pitch adjusts", which moves the pitch at a rate proportional to the movement of the Y axis (thus, the pitch doesn't move at center position).

In order to do what you want you must map the Y axis to the "Pitch set" command.

Click The "Controls" button (lower right corner of the program). Find the "Pitch Adjust" and "Pitch Bend" funcions. Remove all controls for these functions.

Then find and select the "Pitch set" function. Click "Add", move your slider and... voila!

Please let me know if it worked.

NOTE: I recommend you to try this procedure in latest beta (1.2.2). I'm uploading it right now, so it should be available when you read this.

Best regards!

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Feb-2005 at 14:40

Ok, i will download now and tell you..

thanks again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Feb-2005 at 13:12

Thank you for the latest beta, now works greeeaatt!!

I do the same thing on jogwheel... itīs my cdj500 on my pc! Thank you so much!

charming 852 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charming 852 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2005 at 01:59
Dear Eddy, Thank you for the great work you have done on the DJ system, It is the best Dj Product I have every used. I am very much into Music and quality Equipment. I have been doing sessions  in the music industry most of my life. after starting into the bussiness, and having to purchase all the nessary equipment to be able to do the shows over the years, And now with the Technology of today how people can make Mp3's sound is awesome.     

sincerely,

Charming 852   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic