Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sound is skipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maestro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jun-2005 at 13:48
Originally posted by Edy Edy wrote:

What about not to browse internet explorer while DJ'ing?

Seriously now, do you have any other program running that may be causing the skipping? I've used my laptop live many times, even using several Djs at once, Windows' File Browser, etc and the sound never (and I mean NEVER) skipped nor a single time.

I think I'll try some minor changes at Deejaysystem's playback core around the DirectSound setup. I'm not sure if this will make the difference, but it should improve reliability anyways.

Greets!

well sometimes i do record live in the background. trying to turn of everything. i run XP Pro and all updates with SP2

DJ Maestro - Deejay System User and Supporter.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 02:39

Hey guys, I think the problem is FIXED !!!!

I was optimizing the inner playback core of Deejaysystem Mk in order to improve video playback performance. I reorganized some code and removed two sinchronization blocks used to coordinate multiple threads.

While I was testing the result by playing a file I suddenly found myself browsing internet with mouse wheel, reviewing word documents, and even compiling with Borland Builder WITHOUT any sound skip nor artifact !!!  (100% CPU almost all the time).

I'm very surprised as I couldn't figure out that those synchronization blocks (which are there since the first Mk-II version) would make such a difference in extreme conditions. I dind't imagine that the audio playback core could be optimized even more than it was.

If this is not a product of my imagination, then for now on all Deejaysystem players will produce a sound even MUCH more reliable and stable than never before.

Please try the fix I've just compiled for you. It's the Video player. Load a mp3 and try to reproduce the problem. Please let me know the results:

DjsVideo Beta 3 fix01

NOTE: Close all audio applications before opening DjsVideo. I've found than using more than one different audio applications at the same time could leave DirectSound in a "dirty" state under some circumstances. It's a rare effect (i.e. when sleeping and waking-up) but it could happen.

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 03:25
I've just confirmed that the problem is fixed also in Mk-II. I can easily reproduce the problem in version 1.5.0, but I was unable to make a fixed version to skip. Please let me know if the above fixed video version works fine.

Edited by Edy
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
joe2night View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe2night Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 13:20

Nice job!

Problem fixed. No skipping anymore. No special settings, tinkering required.

Now the qustion is only, when these nice fixes will be awailable in djs MKII? A master tempo control, and winamp dsp support also would be nice

Thanks a lot Edy!

Joe

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 14:28

Deejaysystem Video 2.0 will be released next week.

Deejaysystem Audio 1.5.1 with this fix is scheduled to be released just after the Video version, so it's up to the time it takes me to compile, test, update docs, etc. (about two to four days after Video version is released)

Best regards!

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
joe2night View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe2night Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jun-2005 at 18:42
If you upload the next release, please update also the language pack with the 1.5 hun translation I've sent you a long time ago. If it's possible you may send me the 1.5.1 english language file, so I can translate it before the release comes out, and then you can upload the up to date version of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic