Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Video Mixing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJLeap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video Mixing
    Posted: 03-Mar-2005 at 05:25

First of all, allow me to sincerely thank you for investing your time into this project. I have been looking for a solution like the program you are developing for a loooong time. Thank you. I hope that I can help provide some beneficial feedback to you as you continue to create this.

Now to my question. I installed this beta on my office PC and it worked great (but I only had about 5 minutes to spend testing it). I installed it on my home PC and it didn't work great. I received an error when I tried to open a video file. The error is related to not having the proper codec to decode the video file. My question is this: how can I determine which codecs I have on my office computer and cross-reference them against the ones I have on my home PC? Any thoughts?

I would like to identify the codec that causes the program to function properly and pass that info along, because I think it would be of interest to others. I ripped the music video files from DVDs that I have using DVD-decrypter and then renamed the .vob files to .mpg (without re-encoding them, just changed the filenames) this works in adobe premiere 1.5 and it also worked with your beta (but only on my office PC). This is valuable info to me, because ripping and renaming is much faster than re-encoding each file. Anyway, thanks again for any help you can provide. I will do my best to help you any way I can.

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2005 at 17:20

A great tool for fighting with codecs is "GSpot", a free application that analyzes any video file and tells you the required codecs for playing it, and warns wether you have or not the proper codecs. This tool can be easily found by searching Google for GSPOT.

Any feedback on DVD ripping and playback is always welcome. Thank you!

Regards,

Edited by Edy
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
DJLeap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJLeap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2005 at 06:34

Thanks. I found a codec pack called "XP Codec Pack 1.1.0" and it seems to provide codecs to solve all audio and video issues that I was having.

I just downloaded the new "Final" version of video II and it will play vob files correctly with that codec pack installed.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic