Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MME for Deejaysystem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pranza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MME for Deejaysystem
    Posted: 26-May-2005 at 10:25
Hello,
As we all know, RME Digi and HDSP series audio cards (very good cards indeed) do not have DirectX support, so with DirectX compatible players they interface in emulated DirectX mode, which means very big latency, and overall DirectX is not transparent for audio data, am I right? It would be nice to see MME output option in the Deejaysystem, with buffer settings. Is it difficult to implement?
With MME, RME cards can have latency as low as with ASIO.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2005 at 11:29

I don't know about MME yet, but I have an ASIO sdk library that I plan to use into Deejaysystem.

The big difficult is that implementing different audio models into Deejaysystem requires its internal playback core to be completely redesinged and reprogrammed, as it was originally designed to use DirectX only. That's why I hadn't implemented it yet.

I want first to implement all requested features and release several versions of Deejaysystem (audio, video, master tempo, video playlist, eq, Mk-I,...). Once all major features are ready, then I'll begin designing a new audio playback model to support several audio architectures.

Greets,

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic