Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amazing progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2004 at 13:29

I do also a little bit understand what created this distortion.

Do you think that this little distortion will always exist even if you use the futur implemented ASIO ?

to find someone that could give you "a ready-to-use resampling routine as source code" you could maybe put on the Deejaysystem site a post about it and also to post topics on other forums.It is sometimes amazing to see how people can help or want to try to fix something on softwares

i will check often to see if there is any progress about this

Originally posted by Edy Edy wrote:

Now I easily see what is creating the distortion.

Imagine you have a pure sine wave in form of PCM data. If you strip one of its values then a vertical "jump" will be put at the waveform. On the other way, if you dupplicate one of its values, then an horizontal "step" will be generated as result.

Overally this is a very small distortion, but it can be more noticeable in some kinds of sounds than others.

The solution would be to substitute the current fast (assembler coded) pitch routine with a slower but more accurate resampling routine. As currently there are lots of works to do at the software and this is a minor issue, it could take time to be implemented in the software...

...BUT: if you (or someone else) could provide me with a ready-to-use resampling routine as source code, then I'd gladly put it into the Deejaysystem application. As "payment" I can offer a free license for the application. The author will also be properly credited.

Anybody interested please send a PM or an email via the "Contact Us" form.

Greetings!

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2004 at 03:04

Yes, it will occur also with ASIO as the distortion is produced before the audio reaches the output device.

I'd like to make Deejaysystem accept audio plugins, so anybody could contribute. It's another "to-do" feature.

Greetings!

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
gunio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2004 at 23:20

That is a excellent idea, so i hope that a lot of people will do great plugins. if you take as exemple Winamp, see his evolution and count how many plugins so i think there is hope for Deejaysytem.

don't forget to cummunicate this project at the good time and the good place  to have lot of reactions, i am still ready if you need beta testing

Originally posted by Edy Edy wrote:

Yes, it will occur also with ASIO as the distortion is produced before the audio reaches the output device.

I'd like to make Deejaysystem accept audio plugins, so anybody could contribute. It's another "to-do" feature.

Greetings!

LoveRocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveRocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Sep-2004 at 21:46

cool thread. you guys rock.

Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 23:19

Hey Edy, It;s me Dj_Shawn from way back in the day!

You guys ROCK!! I am still to this day ussing DJS for ALL my gigs and night club's....

Now with the new beta VJ-11 I'm about to jump threw the ceiling! WOW!!!! this is going to rock my world once it get's pefected and I can mix videos on the fly to a Big Screen Projector!.. I'll pay whatever you want once this get's perfected.. Also Adding or making a plugin for "Master Tempo" whould just send me to heaven and back!...

You guys have always been the best for Live Computer MP3 Mixing and playing... Now it's finnaly gonna get even better!!! Can't wait!!

I have tried the beta, and yes there are few bugs still left to work out, but from what I've read on here and my personal experience trying the beta, It looks very promising!!. If and when you guys pull this off and get it perfected, I want to be the first one to BUY IT!!!..

Thanks for the GREAT WORK!!! Keep it up...

[Dj_Shawn Rocks The House!]
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2004 at 13:16

Hey Shawn!! Nice to see you again!

Sure! We're working hard on VJ-II, and soon it will have special mixing effects like alpha, 3D transitions, and more.

I'm about to release a new beta. When you try it, then please send me all the bug reports and comments. Developing a video player is a bit harder than an audio player mostly because there are many different video formats and codecs out there, and each one can have a completely different behavior in Djs VJ-II.

Thanks for being there!

Best regards!

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic