Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DJ Shawn,( Help)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DJ Shawn,( Help)
    Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 19:21

Hi Shawn

Thanks  for your advice. I have been using I'm Too Ripper II

for about a year now free trial. after reading your reply I bought

I'm Too Ripper 4. What a difference. It is about 3 times faster

than the old one. I also use Promo Only DVD's I have been wanting

to load them on my hard drive for years. Thank heaveans for Edy's

VJ II it has took the hastle out of beeing a VJ. I am so looking

forward to VJ III with play list and automatic fade. Edy let me try

a sample of it. When he gets the bugs out. You will be able to

load and dance with the customers.

Thanks again, Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Feb-2006 at 06:30

No Problem! Glad to let ya know about it, I too used the "older version" of ImToo untill I tried and bought the NEW ImToo 4!.. YES it's waaaaaay faster, better rips, better quality, etc.. Thanks to Edy for still continuing to do such a GREAT JOB perfecting VJ2, it's all I use now every weekend at the club and mobile gigs!.. really looking forward to more updates and releases of VJS in the future!... I'm SOLD!.. No other VJ software can even come close to the ease of use and smoothness of VJS! and now with ImToo's NEW ripper it's really on!.. Sweeeeeeeeeet......

Glad I too could help contribute "something" to make everyones life easier for Ripping their "promo only" and Music DVD's!

Rock on!

[Dj_Shawn Rocks The House!]
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2006 at 00:42

Hi Shawn

I wonder if you can help me. I bought the new Im Too 4

it worked great but now when I download my Promo Only

videos it records all chapters but only plays the first one

I hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Davie Lee
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 12:59
Huuum...? not sure on that one.. I'm not having ANY trouble, I just ripped a whole new P.O. today and it played great tonight at the club... *Are you only selecting the tracks you want, then hitting the "red" Rip / Record" button?... So far I have not run into this or any problems using the new ImToo4... Maybe let me know more info,... I'd be glad to try and help ya out if I can...
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 04:41

Hey again, I think I found what your talking about by loading a fresh copy of ImToo DVD ripper onto a new PC I just built, I wasnt aware that by "default" ImToo DVD Ripper 4 is NOT set to show ALL CHAPTERS!..  This is probably why (like me) you were not seeing or able to RIP each video seperatly... I can't believe I too forgot about this, I guess because once it's set, it stays set unless you unset it...

Here is a screen shot.. Hope this helps, You and everyone else that might not know this...

Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 23:23

Hi Shawn

Thanks again I found that chapter place before and it didn't help.

I got Imtoo to send me a key for my 2.0 free download and it worked

great. It takes longer but I can download those promo only disk

that put the Ambuants on the first chapters. I wonder if you know

a way to download my VCD videos to Mpeg files. My first video disk's

came in VCD form I have about 22 of them and so far I can't

downloads them so VJ can play them.

Thanks Shawn

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Apr-2006 at 03:07

Huuum..? That's really strange!.. You had to go back ImToo version 2.0 registered just to get "some" of your Promo Only's to Rip correctly?... I've got all the newest Club Video, Hot Hits, and Country and none of them are giving me any trouble like that so far with version 4.0 of ImToo... What issues are giving your trouble?..  I would like to try and see for myself on that one...

About your VCD's... I am not absolutly possitive, but aren't VCD's allready encoded to the MPEG1 format?.. I think they are. I've never tried pulling form a VCD, I have only created them ussing Nero Buring Rom 6 / 7 ultra... I would assume you could just explore the VCD Disc and copy paste the MPEG1 files and then Re-Name them..? I'll have to try that too... I'll find an old VCD I created and see if that works...

Here is a link I found that may or may not help with that, may be worth a look... http://www.videohelp.com/vcd

Get back soon.. Good luck! I'll let ya know if I find anything out..

Dj_Shawn

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2006 at 15:02

VCDs are now fully supported in latest VJ-II Beta 4. The VCD discs contain files with .DAT extension, which indeed are plain MPEG-1 files.

You can directly drag&drop the .DAT files to any deck or to the playlist. Even better, you can copy the .DAT files to your disk drive so Deejaysystem could play two tracks from the same disc at the same time (doing so directly from the disc would be quite problematic). You can rename the .DAT files to .MPG if you want, but it's not required.

Cheers,

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 22:49

Edy

That worked great.I was able to download the last

24 disks I had Just by sending them to my hard drive

and bringing them back into VJ II -4. Now I have all

150 disks on my 250G External hard drive.

Thanks Again

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
RequestDVDj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RequestDVDj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 01:36

How do you guy name the files?  Are they all cut01.avi, cut02.avi, ...

How do you find stuff like that?? 

Do you rename every stinkin' file by hand?

I have hundreds of DVDs and plan to fill a 2.5TB RAID, naming them one by one  will take decades.  If I need a cut fast it could take up to a minute to search that database - even if I put one DVD in one folder.

Am I going to keep a database with all the songs then go search again on the hard drive for that directory and file with the name of cut33.avi?

Is there anything like the CDDB for music video DVD?  Will CDDB work for DVD videos?  I have not tried that yet...

THX

Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 03:04

fill a 2.5TB RAID,... WOW!!! *not GB's but TB's!!! SWEEEEEET!!!

Jeeeees.. You'll be able to run your own video TV channel with that kind of space! hehehe

Do you rename every stinkin' file by hand? naming them one by one  will take decades...

As far as I know, YES  

Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 23:01

Welcome New Bee

Dj shawn Is right one at a time. It sucks, I'm working

on 3,000 files right now. One at a time and I am not a typest.

Good Luck

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic