Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DVD’s for Joywood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DVD’s for Joywood
    Posted: 01-Feb-2006 at 19:31

Hi Joywood

Thanks for your input. I buy my legal Video's from

promoonly.com they have a great selection. I wish

you could buy just downloads to. I still haven't found

that service yet but I bet it is coming. Buy the way

your english is great.

Thanks, Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Mar-2006 at 13:41

Man aint that the truth!.. Promo Only really should create an online Download Service for all us "paying" customers!.. it sure would save time, no need to rip, name, etc... And then we could get only the vids we wanted or needed... Promo Only and all of us would save money and time not having to pay for shipping each month... As long as P.O. keeps the DL's of vids in standard mpg or vob format!..

it's only a matter of time, some company will do this... If the RIAA does not blast it all to hell and back... "We PAY for these vids and service, this should be an option for us! But I can also see Promo Only's side on this issue... With so many file sharring P2P programs out there these days, it too just like mp3 sharring way back in the days of free Napster could get out of hand if paying P.O. customers for these video DL's ever started sharring their vids on any P2P programs.. It's kind of a double edge sword for Promo Only... But then again, look how even to this day free music mp3 downloads are still going on, there are honest legit paying people like us, but there are also those others out there that may ruin it for everyone else...

Who knows, I'm sure just like everything, once they can find a way to secure it and make money, it will take off like crazy!

[Dj_Shawn Rocks The House!]
RAYRAGER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAYRAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Mar-2006 at 13:50

Hi Guys..

I don't get promo only discs, but the Aussie version of DVD's only needs to rip out the chapters and save each song.

The compananies here "rent" on permanent basis in various formats, vob, Mpeg1, Mpegav and one charges $1.80 per song rate. They won't download and neither would promo only as i asked them only a few weeks ago.

Do you guys need to have re-encryption on the computer hard-drive?

In Australia, we apparently need to put software on our hard drive to re-encrypt the clips. I have to look into this part before i start using the computer system. The licensing bodies will still not give any feedback, as this is grey area. I have been told we cannot use DVD clips, only lower quality mpegs. But one company is doing DVD's, and may get ugly very shortly amongst the companies.

Anyway, once we get downloads the piracy will be enormous, and as you say the sharing will lower there profits.

Cheers Ray..
Videoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Videoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 16:04
Has anyone thought of sharing what they have now--basically trading out? Just a thought.
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 20:09

I just took a tour at Promo only in Orlando Fl. They told me that they are working on video downloads and that Pionier is developing a player. Putting those two together means a huge price tag. I think we should find a way in helping each other finding ways to buy and download the video files only that we want.

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Videoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Videoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Aug-2006 at 20:59
I agree--I just know of no one who does downloads
RAYRAGER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAYRAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2006 at 14:44

Hey David..

How have you been?

Do Promo boys give any prices for the downloads?

And, will it be available worldwide?

What sort of DJ system/s do you have or seen? I need to mix DVD's from computer, DVD player and phono. One i'm looking at is www.presonus.com firebox.

Cheers Ray..

Cheers Ray..
Videoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Videoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Aug-2006 at 16:19
I own a recording studio and do a lot on the audio editing end of things. Will the firepod give you the video mix you want, or just audio. I had always known it as a high speed firewire audio input card, good for running multiple mic inputs into one firewire at once for recording purposes. Any one know of a good s video selector that does not give flashes or any input indicator on screen when fixed (i.e. video 1 or video 2 input)? Thanks!
RAYRAGER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAYRAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2006 at 12:54
Only audio unfortunately, but i have to have a way of adding mics and a backup if the computer dies. My contacts at work only use MACS and they don't know what a budget is! 
Cheers Ray..
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 01:03

Hi Ray

I use a Mackie mixing board it handles my laptop, DVd players,Cds & Video camera. I have a videonics mixing board for my Videos.

Regarding Promo Only selling downloads they didn't say a price. The person that showed me around uses the scratch video players from pieoner. He also says when he is doing a low keyed party. He uses a I Pod. hope this helps.

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
RAYRAGER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAYRAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2006 at 03:31
Hi David..
It's been a while, can you tell me more about your Mackie and Videonics?
Is the Mackie computer based with hardware box or an external mixer?
Can you explain how your system is set up.
With the Pioneer DVD scratch it didn't play VCD's and is way over priced.  I looked at Numark DVD01 twin DVD player but has too many bugs and the Australian importer said to wait for the next model.
Also i have looked on web at Numark AVM02 audio visual mixer, not available yet in Australia but it doesn't have USB's, otherwise looks great to mix audio and video in good size rack mount mixer.
Cheers Ray..
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2006 at 05:54

Ray

sorry to be so long getting back to you. I think I might of misled you on my system. I use a dell notebook computer with a 325 Gig external hard drive that holds my DVDs that I bought from Promo Only. I also have a Mackie Mixing board with four Mackie powered speakers. The Videonics mixing board can mix video or sound  It has only four inputs and one output it has to be conected to a mixing board to create volume. to find more about Videonics just type it in google search. I also have a VocoPro DVG-808K Duel rack mount DVD & Karaoke player that also plays DVD,VCD,CDG,MP3 and CD formats. I have a BenQ projector and a seven foot By ten foot fold up screen that you can project from the front or rear. I also use a Sony video camera. I use the audio out on the laptop to my mackie board I do not have any USB hook ups. I hope this helps

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
RAYRAGER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAYRAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Oct-2006 at 15:14

Hi David.

I have bought the Numark AVM02, have two soundcards out of computer and can now use touchscreen like a normal DJ CD player. I'm ready for future upgrade to run two videosignals out of computer in manual to really play with new mixer.

The new system has been used four times and the only problem i've had was the computer video settings - i couldn't get screen to work after startup. Settings went to default and i couldn't sort out on the night.

Cheers Ray..
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Oct-2006 at 22:59

Hi Ray

My E-Mail was out

Sory to be so long in returning your post. Ray can you tell me how your system is hooked up. I don't understand touch screen is that a new program for the computer or do you need a special computer. Also is a Numark AVMO2 A DVD Player or mixer.

Thanks

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
RAYRAGER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAYRAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Oct-2006 at 15:30
Hi David..

The touchscreen has thousands of sensors (like a film) on the LCD screen and has an extra USB to connect to any normal computer just like a mouse.
Touchscreens are mainly used at checkouts, ie cash registers, shops.  cafeterias, etc.
I have made my system a breeze by being able to touch the buttons on VJ2 (like a twin DJ player).
It cost two or three times more than an LCD screen. Google "point of sale" or "touchscreen".
The Numark AVM02 is an audio and visual mixer in one, five rack units high and has four slides, four video switching ability, two phono, two mics and more. I get computer, two DVD players, video camera etc with picture in picture, multiple screens, etc - really tricky. Look on ebay or www.numark.com
The only downside to my new system is the total weight of the roadcase is about 50kg - definetly a two person lift!
Cheers Ray..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic