Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

first time config help Dell XPS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RequestDVDj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: first time config help Dell XPS
    Posted: 26-Mar-2006 at 23:23

I have the most powerful laptop made on Earth (?) but when I load and run I have horrible performance issues .. .what optimization do I need to do to get this to run like it should...

Greg

[System Summary]

Item Value 
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional 
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation 
System Manufacturer Dell Inc. 
System Model Inspiron XPS Gen2 
System Type X86-based PC 
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1995 Mhz 
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A04, 7/21/2005 
SMBIOS Version 2.3 
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS 
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2 
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" 
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB 
Available Physical Memory 639.68 MB 
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB 
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB 
Page File Space 2.40 GB 
Page File C:\pagefile.sys 

fatboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Apr-2006 at 19:00
Hi

I think there must be something wrong with your laptop (even being the most powerful on Earth), because one the most appreciated features in this software is that it demands very low resources.

As an example, I use it on my old Toshiba PIII laptop with 512 ram, Windows XP Pro, and works flawlessly.

Greetings

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2006 at 12:02
(topic moved to english-speaking forum)

Hi!

I guess you're using Deejaysystem Video (if the problems are with Deejaysystem Audio then your laptop has a REAL problem ).

Please give us more information on your problem:
- Detailed description of what happens exactly
- Video formats you're trying to play
- Have you installed K-Lite Codec Pack Deejaysystem Edition and carefully followed the instructions during setup?

Greetings
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
RequestDVDj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RequestDVDj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2006 at 22:53

It is the video system, yes.

If I have two vids running in the A and B player ... slide between them will cause stutter and even slowing down.  I can only tell about the audio, I have set the preview skip frame to 10 to lower the demand on refresh ... the screens are the size of my thumb...

One vid playing seems to be ok, two is a problem.

It will do the same if I tinker with the pitch.

I have seen similar performance problems on my mp3 software (OTsDj) but they have detailed config adjustments to make that problem go away ... I am looking for something similar to fix this, I think it is a similar buffer or whatever trouble.

I am using avi format files

Today I loaded the codec stuff and the problem remains... do I need to reboot to get them to take effect?  I think I used the ClubProDJ codec file, I will go back and download the McAfee false positive file and load it as well....

thanks...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RequestDVDj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Apr-2006 at 14:02

I removed anything that looked like a codec as instructed and loaded the new codec stuff. 

No change in performance.

I could still use some help.

Thx

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2006 at 12:27
I forgot to ask... what exact version of Deejaysystem Video are you using?
According to the "preview frame skip" option it seems you're using Deejaysystem Video 2.1.2.

Ensure you're using latest version (Deejaysystem Video 3.0.0 Beta 4, avaliable here). Note that this beta version has no installer, so you must manually copy the contents of the ZIP archive into a new folder (i.e. in your desktop).

Test the Beta 4 for the performance issues. If the problem persists, then open "Settings > Video", disable "Hardware Acceleration" and set the "Video size" setting to 128x128. Ensure to open a new video on each deck after changing the above settings.

If you still have performance problems, then I'd recommend you to return your laptop and get a new one .

Greegings!
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RequestDVDj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2006 at 06:20

I will try that, thanks...

You may have something there about the laptop but not exactly the way you intend.

I had loaded ClubDJPro which I guess is a cousin of DeeJaySystem, or so said the web page... anyway, I loaded that on a Dell Latitude and had some problems with performance - it had less resources than probably necessary, I am not sure why that was poor performance.  But here is the thing that leads me to believe you may have touched the problem with the Dell XPS (most powerful laptop on Earth) ... when I loaded ClubDJPro on the XPS, the icon fails to show... as if there is some video setting or card that may have been not expected in the software, maybe the XPS advanced video is too advanced, the software is not designed with it in mind???  maybe there is something advanced in the XPS that your developers are not taking into account, had not expected?

I'll try your suggestion above ang let you know what happens...

Thanks!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RequestDVDj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2006 at 14:58

Yes, the beta is a big improvement in the performance problems ... thanks.  

Clap

I do see other problems that I'll try to make notes for that I will share with you.  Mostly state/functionality issues.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic