Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beta 4 and VJ III

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beta 4 and VJ III
    Posted: 16-Apr-2006 at 23:36

Edy

You out did yourself. I love the new player. I used it

in clubs the last two weekends. The loading time has

reduced my time by 90%. i can now talk to People

instead of loading my DVD players and finding the wright

remote to start it playing. I am able to load a play list

and go the the Rest Room without worry about getting

back in time so there is no dead play. Now I have time

to impose people and videos on the screen.

Thanks Again

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2006 at 19:18

Hi Davie!

Thank you very much for the commend! It's great to see the results of the hard work I put in Deejaysystem Video.

Cheers,

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2006 at 01:30

Edy

What am i doing wrong? my VJ III-4 player just started

two studder and picture jump when it goes from one player

to the other. It only does it when i have my projector hooked

up. I removed the player and hooked it up again and it still

does it. HELP!

Thanks

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2006 at 22:01

Hi Edy and David,

I think David is right, I just found what seems to be a HUGE bug in the latest VJ-2 beta 4! *I'll try and explain this as easly as possible...

---------------

It seems that when your playing a video and your mouse moves to the "other TV side" and turns into the Crosshair and you let it sit there a few seconds the video's audio starts to studder really bad, and the video itself will start to laaaaag, (sometimes even totaly crash the video!) However, once this starts to happen, if you catch it fast enough and simply move your mouse back to the "desktop side" the audio will immediatly start to play normal and not studder, and the video on the TV or screens will run really fast like fast forwarding a VCR tape, untill it catches back up to "realtime"!...

I have recreated this exact bug, on every PC I can try it on ranging from 1.2GHZ - 3.0 GHZ, Nividia cards, ATI cards, different chipsets, sound card configurations, etc.. It will always do it on every machine. Some not so bad and others totaly unplayable.

It took me weeks to find this, and I kind of found it by accident, but I figured you may want to take a look into it...

I really think it has something to do with overlaying and changing the mouse pointer to a crosshair on top of the video while it is playing?... I have tried everything from mouse hardware acceleration, video card acceleration, differnent sound and vid card drivers, but nothing seems to stop this when it comes to windows or drivers. From all my testing the only thing I've found that seems to help but does not totaly stop it is by turning the Settings; Advanced; Application Priority down from High to NORMAL...

---------

I am going to us a DV Cam and send you a short video clip of this happing, so maybe if I did not word this all correctly, you can see and hear it for yourself.. Its really strange!...

Other then that I have found no other problems with the new Beta 4

Let me know if you or anyone finds a quik fix, or if you allready knew about this... THANKS!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

Dj_Shawn

Edited by Dj_Shawn
[Dj_Shawn Rocks The House!]
Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 02:49

Hi Shawn

I just recieved my new May Hot video It showes when you open it   on I'm Too ripper four and click on chapters

Title_01_01

Chapter-1

Title_01-02

Chapter-1

Title_01_03

Chapter-1

Title_01_04

Chapter-1

Chapter-2

Chapter_3

And So On. When you rip it it playes the first chapter and every chapter after that as the first one. Even if you uncheck all the chapters and just rip any chapter down the list by itself. It will play that chapter as the first one. If I use I'm Too 2 it will rip all the chapters in a roe and play them back as the chapter you want.This only happens on the video's where the chapters are outlined as above. If the titles are on the end I'm too 4 will work. Hope you can figure this out

Thanks

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 06:45

I should be getting my May issue of Hot Video in a few days, I will check and see if it does the same thing to me.. (I hope not, or maybe I can find out a fix or why..) I will let you know, asap..

Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2006 at 22:57

Thanks Shawn

Say by the way have you heard anymore from Edy on the VJ 4 problem? I know he is very busy. I played a gig last weekend and used my VJ 4 player and it worked great on the first night I only used the computer. The next night I used the projector and had nothing but studdering and screen jumping between songs when it faded from one player to the other. When I added more songs to the play list it made the music studder. I wonder if I hook up my lap top to a vega chord to the projector if that will work. I'm going to try it I will let you know.

Keep Playing The Video's

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 12:40
Hi Shawn and Davie,

I've easily reproduced the bug about the mouse cursor over the secondary output. It will be fixed for the 3.0 final version.

I've found also two serious bugs that may cause program crash under certain conditions, but nothing related with performance. I'll try to find if there's something wrong on automatic video playback, but apparently it should work fine...

Shawn, have you noticed anything about video stutter in auto-play mode?

Cheers,

Edited by Edy
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Apr-2006 at 16:36

Quote: Shawn, have you noticed anything about video stutter in auto-play mode?

I haven't really played with auto-play mode very much, I've been working on trying to figure out the strange crashes, studdering music and droped frames when mouse overs happen, and alot of different system configuration tests. It seems that your on the right track in fixing the BIG issues and problems, I'll let you know if I find anything else that needs attention  So far looking very good!

*I do think I may have found another glitch that I duplicated on 5 different PC's that crashed everyone exactly the same way... *If you go to the settings ; advanced tap area and raise the Application Priority from Normal, High, or Max, the studder gets worse the higher you go, and at Max, it's a for sure CRASH or total system lock up...

That's about all I have right now, but I'll keep looking.. and let ya know..

Rock On!..... Dj_Shawn

Davie Lee View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 01:34

Hi Edy & DJ Shawn

I played a wedding this weekend and used a dell desktop with a ATI video card and my VJ-4 player worked without any problems. Can you figure that out. I hate draging a desktop around. I hope we can figure out how to make it work

Thanks Guys

Davie Lee

Davie Lee
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-May-2006 at 09:54

Yeah that's about what I have noticed too, (On "some systems" things run 99.9% crash proof.. but on others it can be a nightmare if you don't tweak the settings just right...

From most of all my tests, it seems to run best on Laptops, or older PC's and hardware that are running XP.

I guess the main issues over all I have seen so far are with the newer systems running the new 64bit AMD CPU's, and strange things can happen depending on the brands or configuration of multiple sound cards.

I heard that M-Audio http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta66-main.html  makes a "ALL IN ONE PCI dual sound card" that costs around $150+ and has 4 balanced or unbalanced outputs! 1-2 for left and right card one, and 3-4 for left and right card two!... I want to get this card and see if it actually does and works like they say it does. *If so, then ALL of our dual sound card troubles will be gone.. *atleast for PC's, I'm sure they make a USB version, just not sure. I'll let you know when I get it and test it...

So far from what I have tested and seen, the best and most reliable, stable way to run dual sound cards "these days" on NEW PC's is to use 2 PCI cards made by different companies... *NOTE: any and ALL creative sound blaster cards used to be great back in the day, but these days they seem to be causing many people major problems running them together on newer machines to use with mixing software of ALL types... *I built a test machine with dual creative sound blaster live 24bit cards and once DJS tried to use them both to do a mix the audio on both cards crashed so bad that it even crashed the machine to a BSOD with un-repairable errors to the point of having to reformat the system and reload everything to try again... This is obviasly a Creative and or XP bug and "not" DJS. Because I did the same thing one more time, but this time left only 1 blaster live in the system and used Turtle Beach 24bit card as the second card, and eveything works perfect.

I've been testing and testing this theory on many different PC's and Laptops, and it seems that things allways run much better or perfect using different brands of cards, or even adding a USB card I guess it's just something with these newer Chipsets, Motherboards, Bios settings, sound and video drivers, DirectX, etc... *and ofcourse, Micro$oft!..  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic