Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Desarrollo > Beta testing & Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deejaysystem VJ2 3.1 BETA (english)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deejaysystem VJ2 3.1 BETA (english)
    Posted: 30-Nov-2006 at 14:31

Product: Deejaysystem Video VJ2
Version: 3.1 Beta
Date: 2006.11.30 (valid until 2006.01.10)
Download: Deejaysystem_Video_20061130_310_Beta.zip (2,92 Mb)

This BETA version has expired.
A new BETA version is available at the Beta Testing forum.
Else, visit www.deejaysystem.com for getting the latest version.

Description:

Video playback improvements:
  • Video playback engine fully reviewed and improved.
    Top reliability, compatibility with new formats and optimal performance. Tested against ALL problematic files sent to us by users.
  • Customizable background picture for video output.
  • Customizable logo with options (position, size, transparency...)
  • Full aspect-ratio management. Keeps image proportions according to the projection screen.
  • Option for keeping the mouse cursor always in the primary screen.
  • Uninstalling other video players is no longer required (PowerDVD, Nero Media Player...)
  • Advanced video options from command-line: hardware acceleration, Master video screen preference.
  • New Codec Pack (v2.72) with support for more video formats: MP4, FLV, DivX 5/6...

Audio playback improvements:

• Native support for MOD-type formats (IT, XM, S3M, MOD...).
  • Native support for AIFF files.
  • Support for new audio formats via BASS plugins (availables at http://www.un4seen.com/bass.html#addons).
  • Support for WMA-DRM protected audio files.

General improvements:

• Support for the hardware controller Behringer BCD-2000.
  • New option Alterante Play-CUE behavior for emulating the real players (Denon, Numark...) more accurately.
  • Compatibility with BPM-Studio exported playlists (.grp, .lst).
  • New options for view and clear the LOG file.
  • Improved random play mode (Shuffle).
  • Fixed all known bugs and problems.

Setup:

Unzip the file into a new folder, then click the file "VJ2 Beta".

Support:

If you find any problem with this version please post it here at the forum. Thank you!

New codec pack! (v2.72)

Download: K-Lite_Codec_Pack_Deejaysystem_Edition_272_setup.exe (18,5 Mb)

• Two setup types: Compatibility (typical codecs) and Performance (FFDSHOW).
  • Codec versions upgraded.
  • Supports new video formats: MP4, FLV,...
  • Improved support for DivX 5/6.
  • Compiled and tested for Deejaysystem VJ2 3.1

Edited by Edy
COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 02:14

Hi Guys

I am Beta testing your product as i have been so disappointed with PCDJFX of which you may be familar with.

My immediate concern having just set to test yours is that it takes forever to load a very large mp3 mix 60 minutes long, it is only after loading it can be played not like some of your competitors i fear to say. This is going to be a big issue if not fixed. Any more problems i will keep in touch. Good luck.

Chrisos

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 12:26
Hi,

Open Deejaysystem, click Settings, then Advanced. Check the box near "Disable indexing (fast open)", and click Ok.

Now the mp3 files will load instantly, no matter their size.

Best regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 14:17

Great advice, Just loaded a 5 hour remix and it loaded instantly fantastic. How do you set it for full screen mode? 

COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 14:38

I have to say i that i have tested this software, i am so far impressed of its power and ease of use. I would like to see the full screen version and also a selection button for Genres so that you can load up your rock,pop,cheese, club, house etc in to separate folders and and have a separate button, unless of course that has been thought about and i havent discovered it on this beauty.

Can you tell me if your software is power hungery compared to other leading brands ie: PCDJFX, " Which in my opinion is full of bugs and clitches as PCDJ know" this is why i am looking at your software as opposed to buying PCVJ as i want functionality and reliabilty after suffering so many creases and embarassment.

Also what are the least PC specs it can run on?

Thanks

Chris

COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 15:26
Whilst playing. Open Settings and control,  the sound becomes distorted of which the software has to be restarted. It only happens on the control button. 
COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 15:40
No compatibilty with MP3 CD+G format is disappointing as i expected an all in one player for VJ.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 18:38
Hello again! Answers:

Activation key not working (message sent with the "Report" button): I've veryfied the key and it's valid. Ensure that your computer's date and time are properly set before trying to enter the key.

Full-screen mode: Alt-Enter for full-screen video playback using a single screen. Two screens are recommended for preview + master video output. If you are refering to the program's window, then no, there's no full-screen mode yet. It's a planned feature. The program's window is designed to fit perfectly in a 800x600 desktop.

Genres: the playlist module is still very basic, looking for functionality only. This part will be completely renew in a future version offering this and many other frequently requested features.

Sound problem: I've writen it to the bug list. This part (the audio engine) is also scheduled to be re-designed and re-writen, as it also lacks of important features.

MP3 CD+G compatibility: We know that, sorry. We may add support for this format in the future. You may want to try ClubDJ Pro, which is powered by our video mixing engine but offer different interface and functionality (including mp3 CD+g support).

Thank you for your comments!
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 18:46
About power hungery (I missed that one in the previous email):

Deejaysystem products are known for their extremely low CPU usage. The audio-only playback cannot almost be measured. Windows' CPU usage meter can barely notice it. The minimum requirements for the audio-only program are the same as the OS requirements. If Windows can run, then Deejaysystem Audio will run too.

Deejaysystem Video uses CPU for decoding the video files, so the CPU usage and minimum requirements depend on:
  • The format you're playing (i.e. DivX typilcally uses more CPU than MPEG)
  • Video resolution and frame-rate. Higher-quality videos will use more CPU (logically) than less-quality ones.
  • Display Adapter: if your display adapter offers 3D acceleration, then the CPU usage will be lower. If not, then the 3D functions will be performed using the main CPU, so the CPU usage will be higher.
In any case, you'll find that Deejaysystem takes much less CPU than almost any other video mixing software in the market.

Best regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 19:09
Thanks for your reply. Time and date is correct but the code still comes up with the message invalid key etc.
COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 19:11
Tried Alt + Enter for full screen and its just a black screen.
COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2007 at 19:22
Tried Club DJ very slow to load initially and freezes when loading large mixes.
COS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 04:30

Hi Eddy

The trial version wont let me go to full screen as alt and enter produces a blank screen. Can get the activation key to work by copying and pasting and of course there is still the sound problems.

I have a Gig friday and would love to give it a try out.

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2007 at 13:33
Full-screen: Open a video clip, click its "Video-out" button so you'll see it twice in the program's preview windows. Now click Alt-Enter and you'll see it full-screen. But as previously said, it's much better to use two screens for video playback, as the secondary screen will always show the full-screen video.

If you are refering to the program's interface, then no, there's no full-screen mode yet. It's a planned feature. But the program's window is designed to fit perfectly in a 800x600 desktop.

Regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
revbobuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote revbobuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Jan-2007 at 10:33
Would like to try this beta out, but the replacement code has also now expired. Could you post another extension?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic