FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CDG file format

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CDG file format
    Posted: 23-Jan-2007 at 02:54

Hi folks, I'm a newbie so please bear with me. I exchanged several emails with Edy before Christmas about the 3.1 Beta release & the new video engine, re: CDG file formats (karaoke).
I'm trying to use CDG files, and despite briefly defecting to ClubDJpro (it works on their software), I find myself drawn back here. Deejaysystems 3.1 Beta rocks & I'll accept no substitutes!!!
 I know the incorporation of this format is not on Deejaysystems agenda, but I read on the website that the players should support any format if the codec is available. Fact is i have the appropriate codec for CDG & the files work no problem in windows media player... so, (following advice in the forum about RMVB file formats), I renamed my cdg files to .cdg.avi.  -And whaddya know, the graphics appear beautifully on the deejaysystem screens..... but no sound (as it's in a separate mp3 file). These files (cdg & mp3) usually operate as a pair, but renaming to .avi loses the audio. I feel like I'm only inches away from getting cdg karaoke working on Deejaysystem, and thus opening the doors to thousands of potential new buyers who need the cdg format. I'm soo close but falling at the last hurdle! Has anyone else dabbled with CDG file compatability or succeeded in getting the beta to recognise karaoke/mp3G files?

Edy, could it be as simple as adding the extension ".cdg" to the program's recognized extension list?   -Alan.

Edited by Alan Ross
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic