Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

playlist data hidden on right/shuffle?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveRocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: playlist data hidden on right/shuffle?
    Posted: 28-Sep-2004 at 00:44

i notice that there are a few wierd things in the playlist shuffle mode.

1) there is some data on the right side that cannot be read because the screen is cutting it off. usually i see like numbers or symbols like these: 2.   or  1.  or <

2) i load ten songs into the playlist and turn on shuffle and auto play and auto fade. after it shuffles the ten songs once then it proceeds to keep playing the same order over and over again.

ideally, i would want a shuffle mode that will play each song once before re-shuffling the playlist and playing each song once again etc.

is this possible?

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Sep-2004 at 13:27

1) It's a bug on the listview control. A workaround is to change playlist columns settings at "Settings > Playlist > Columns". This shows the hidden columns. Then you can change the setting back to your preference.

2) When the "shuffle" mode is enabled Djs internally changes the song order randomly, and then follows that order. This has two reasons:

• Avoids repeating songs until every song has been played at least once.
  • Allows to use Next/Prev track buttons to change between songs (they jump to next/prev track in the random sequence).

Latest beta also takes in consideration how much time has passed since each song has been played. If a song has been played too recently, then the player skips it to the next one in the random sequence. This has been tested in real scenarios with very good results.

I'll try to improve the shuffle system taking your suggestion in consideration. I think there's a way to combine both schemes.

Regards,

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
drjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2004 at 00:16

Not trying to impose my "views" but a nice touch on the playback list would be to allow for "colors".  I'd love to be able [for example] to see at a glance what had played and what was left because the played ones showed in red or something like that.  Quickly scanning (visually) across for the "once played" markers is awkward.

In some future version even having the list re-write itself based upon the propoed "shuffle" would be nice.  Right now you can "look ahead" only to the next cart (or the marked A or B on the list)... would be nice to see the whole shuffle pattern.  This way you would know that "coming up in a few minutes will be...... "

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2004 at 23:39

When looking for "not played yet" songs you just have to look at the "Last play time" column. This column will be empty for those songs not yet played. You can configure the time at which this value is hidden with the option "Settings > Playlist > Hide last play time value after # hours".

The current playlist component is planned to be completely redesigned. This way it will allow many more features as colors, improved search results, browse folder...

Greetings!

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic