Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

repeated crashing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingtipvortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: repeated crashing
    Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 05:52

Hi all, i have just purchased the vj2 system and its great to use but i have a reocurring crashing issue. When using the + to open up folders where i have my vidio files i can drag and drop them into the playlist. No problem there. But when i press + again, i cant drag and drop!, so i must highlight the file and press open. This works for a few times and then at random ill open a file and everything freezes. Can anyone shed some light on this? This can happen almost imediatly or 20 mins down the track! Very random.

PS I have downloaded all the codecs and installed them according to instructions and so on. I use a p4 core duo2 1.8 processor with 1 gig of ram and a geforce 7600gt with 256 on board.

This is not the BETA version im using when this happens. I also have the BETA2 version and that ran 4 about 1.5 hours by itself just fine, but when i change playlist positions or do anything with it, it also crashes. Any help would be great as i am going to use this in a mobile dj situation.

Cheers, Andy.

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2007 at 14:58
Hi Andy,

Ok, I assume that your [+] / drag&drop problems occurs on version 3.0. Please try that exact problem in 3.1 Beta 2 and let me know if it still happens. Beta 2 has changes that should fix the drag&drop problems.

About Beta 2, this one has a recently detected bug that progresively increases CPU usage when audio files are played. Eventually, the CPU usage reaches 100% making the program slow and unstable.

Beta 3 will be released soon. This one should fix both previous problems.
Cheers,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
wingtipvortex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingtipvortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Mar-2007 at 06:32

Thanks Edy, cant wait to use this properly. I have a few suggestions if your interested? i will pm them to you if you like? Also i used v3.0.0 without draging and dropping, just loaded a huge file and it ran for about 6-8 hours then froze, just thought id let you know.

Cheers, Andy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic