Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sound Card ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveRocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound Card ???
    Posted: 05-Oct-2004 at 03:47

I have a laptop with Windows XP.

I want to use the built-in soundcard (ESS Allegro) for Deck A and this soundcard for Deck B: http://www.usbgear.com/computer_cable_details.cfm?sku=USBG-X 4S&cats=121&catid=121

Is this a good idea ?

By the way, if you have not heard this track yet, please do so:

DJ Chus and David Penn feat Concha Buika - Will I (Azuli WMC 2004 Promo Mix)

Viva House en Espana !

LoveRocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoveRocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Oct-2004 at 03:55

Also,

I tried using the stereo to mono R/L adapter with a single soundcard output and it sux.

I either get bad sound or a bad ground loop when i plug into an external power source.

did i configure it properly?

Main output: right balance/downmix stereo to mono

Monitor: left balance/downmix stereo to mono

?????

Sounds like dual sound cards are the way to go

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2004 at 13:31

Configuration is ok. The problem may reside in the quality of the connectors you are using. I've made live sessions with this setup without problems.

What about using an external mixer? If so, try this other adaptor scheme. You need:

• streo mini-jack male to two stereo mini-jack female adaptor ("Y" adaptor typically used to duplicate the headphones output of a walkman)
  • 2 cables stereo mini-jack male to stereo RCA (commonly used)

1.- Plug the "Y" adaptor to the audio output of your laptop. Then plug each minijack-rca cable to the "Y" adaptor.

2.- Then you have two pairs of RCA stereo connectors. You have to plug those to two channels of your mixer, BUT: instead of plugging each L-R RCA output to one channel, you must plug BOTH L outputs to a single channel of the mixer and BOTH R output to another channel.

Anyway, of course, the best solution would be having a multioutput soundcard. I'm working hard on that.

Best regards!

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic