Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06-Jun-2007 at 13:40

Hi Joe, I already use the Artist-title-comment.avi format & it works well. But with 7000 karaoke tracks to rename, i was sniffing around for an easier "fix". As it stands, I rename the files whenever I encounter an identical filename in a different folder because DJS will show only one file. The result is that I should rename all my files with comments, i.e. Audio, Video and Karaoke, which will take ages.

This also results in DJS searches reporting unplayable "ghost" files (their filenames prior to the addition of the comment), until I have the opportunity to wipe & re-write the database. I'm finding that Xvid and Divx files can take about 3 seconds each to register when added to the database, which can be a nightmare with 6,000 divx karaoke files! re-writing the database can take several hours!

Edited by Alan Ross
joe View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote joe Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 06-Jun-2007 at 14:53
Yes I would like the search to include the path.  Then we could name folders audio, video etc and search for them.  But I do not want the path to show in the results window.

Then I could search for the video version of a song.  But I only want the filename to appear in the search results window.

I also want deleted files to stay in the database.  This way I can search for songs that are on DVD's and not in the hard drive. 

Edited by joe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12