Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A couple of upgrade ideas.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A couple of upgrade ideas.....
    Posted: 27-May-2007 at 12:23

Having used DJS for a while now (and quite happy, too), I've thought of a couple of ideas for future releases which would be helpful to me.

Please take a look at them, and reply if you think they are worthy of consideration for a future upgrade!
1) How many times have you had a customer request a track, and by the time you play it, you've forgotten their name or the reason for the request? My idea is to include a temporary text string option when searching for a track:

Then, in the playlist window, the note you've made stays either next to the track, or appears as a popup when the track is hovered over:

The info would not be saved, just cleared once the track has been removed - so you have a temporary on-screen notepad for track requests: Useful for DJ sessions, Very useful for karaoke song queues!

My reasoning behind this is that the audio & control settings, once set, tend not to need adjusting very often. The ticker tends to be used more frequently, as does the background if like me you display Photos etc throughout the show. It would be useful to have ticker etc as a "one click" facility i.e. always visible, rather than the current set-up of switching to the video preview window to see the ticker button.
It would also be an advantage if the ticker/logo/background box could remain on-screen until manually closed. In other words, you could drag the ticker input box aside and use the main DJS application without closing the box - it just "loses focus". Many times I've been entering a long text string and had to close the box down to look for a track, then go back to reopen it & continue. Keeping the box open to one side would make my life easier.

Neither of these ideas are considered to be of any huge importance, but I'd be interested to hear if any other users would find them to be an advantage.....

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2007 at 14:52
Hi Alan!

Thank you very much! I've thought on your ideas and here are my comments:

1)
My intention is to add a persistent "Comment" field for each track. This way everyone could leave their own notes on each track. These comments would be persistent for each track.

I t think it's not a good idea not to save the comments. First, because many people would start complaining that their comments are not saved. Second, I believe that a persistent comment feature is much more useful than a non-persisten comment. Other customers already requested this feature, so they could see their notes when they are searching or loading songs. This generic "comment" feature would also be useful for your specific case, as you would use it for storing your own notes during the session.

2)
I believe that a good solution for this would be to assign hot-keys for the video buttons, wouldn't it?

Buttons are arranged in a per-category basis, according to the tabbed interface. Playlist buttons can be found at the playlist tab; video buttons can be found at the video-out tab. Although it would be more useful to have them always visible, this would lead to a chaotic interface: system buttons would be found at the Video-Out tab, and they would be hidden when the Playlist tab is selected (as Playlist would show its own buttons). It would be nonsense.

Also, making the window always visible is not possible at this time due to program's internal behavior. So I believe that the best solution right now would be to assign a hot-key to the video dialog. Added to the TO-DO list!

Cheers,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-May-2007 at 18:54

Hi Edy,
Yes, I can see your logic there, and can't really argue with it!
I was assuming that the F5 feature (which at present will open a notepad txt file of identical name to the mp3 file if one exists) was your method of attaching persistent comments. - Didn't realise you had something else up your sleeve! - Alan.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic