Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Please give me a serial key"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Please give me a serial key"
    Posted: 27-Jun-2007 at 18:07

**** PLEASE NOTE *****
Someone has sent me an email asking me to send them a serial key for VJ2. It seems they found my email address through the "memberlist" page of this forum, so it's quite possible they've emailed other members, too. Here's the email:

sender: (witheld)
subject: vj2 serial
body:
Hi, i'm from Croatia and i'm scared to ask you something.
Can you please give me a serial of vj2 (3.1) becouse i am 15 year old and dont heave a bank card and my parents will killed me to spend 150 € for a software big 4 Mb.
Please help me I need to be star in the school!

I'm writing this post to plead with you all NOT to send a key if you recieve such an email, for the following reasons:

1It's against the terms and conditions of sale/use which you accept when you buy the software.
2)
I paid 150 Euros  for this software. Why should I give it to anyone for free? As a hard working DJ I am regularly finding my prices under-cut by amateur DJs using music and software which they've downloaded off the internet without paying for it. I pay for all my music tracks/software, which is why I have to charge more and suffer amateurs under-cutting my prices. 
3) I
f his parents would kill him for buying a piece of software, how come they've found the money to buy you a nice computer system powerful enough to operate dual-screen video mixing applications? Seems a little strange....
4) Finally - why email customers to "steal" a serial number? If he were genuine (which I doubt), why wouldn't he contact Deejaysystem direct? Going to the websites of forum members is an underhanded, back-door method, isn't it?

Unfortunately, he chose to send his email to someone who is strongly against software theft. If we all "obtained" serial keys for free, there would be no money to pay for support and development of new products, and no benefit to the developer for creating the software in the first place. If you're impressed with the software, pay for it! 

dj rota View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj rota Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 18:05

Thanx Allan for that piece of mind and thanx for all the discussion you make,you're really a good member,keep up the spirit

dj Rota

dj
jd ronie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jd ronie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jul-2007 at 20:29
yo allan yo cool man thanks da help u give us.
nyanama
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic