Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Laptop & Ticker Saver?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbaeznc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Laptop & Ticker Saver?
    Posted: 27-Aug-2007 at 21:29
I'm getting ready to purchase a new laptop. Any suggestions? What type video/graphics and audio cards should I be looking for in order to get the most out of deejaysystem? Also... Is Windows XP perferred over Vista? If so, which version of XP should I have installed in my laptop.

I also would like to know if there are plans to make a "ticker saver option." Some of the messages I use at the club I use weekly... 15 minutes on the bar.... last call.... coming September 28 (name of artist)... etc. If I could save them, I could recall them quickly as needed as opposed to having to retype them every time I needed them.

Finally, are your responses based on the current version of deejaysystem, or the newer version expected out in a couple of weeks?

Gil
Supermix Productions
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 04:26
Hey Gil, noticed nobody's answered you so despite the timelapse I thought I would.
Ticker Saver? Great Idea, it gets my vote Big%20smile  Meanwhile, There's nothing stopping you from opening a text file in notepad alongside DJS, and pasting in your frequent tickers when you need them.

Graphics card is the key thing if you're looking at a new laptop.
The minimum requirements are posted on the DJS website, but if you can get a laptop with a 512mb Graphics card you should be laughing.
Make sure it has dualscreen (tv-out) capability, though most of them have this as standard.

XP or Vista? -Personal choice I guess..... I deleted vista & installed XP, but that's because I know my way around XP and can optimise the configuration, delete un-necessary running apps etc.
I've tried many versions of XP & settled with Media Center Edition, but all worked with few problems. Check the version you intend to use has appropriate drivers available for your video card, soundcards etc.

Hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic