September News!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Topic: September News!
    Posted: 11-Sep-2007 at 13:30
After returning from holidays, we are now working full-time again. Here you have a sample of what's going on.

New web server

We've migrated Deejaysystem.com to a new web server in order to handle the growing traffic. While moving the site the web service was unavailable at some times. We had also some troubles when moving the email services. If you wrote us between September 1st and 5th then your message may have been lost. Please write us again.

New forum!

We've upgraded the forum to its latest version. New functions, new looking, better usability, and the best of all, it supports RSS subscriptions. We've integrated RSS news into the main Deejaysystem.com page, so you can now subscribe to our site with your favourite RSS reader.

Due to the server migration, there have been also some problems in the forum. The account activation emails were not properly sent. If your forum account is still unactivated, then please log-in in the forum and use the "Resend activation email" link. Now it will work.

And of course... Deejaysystem!

We are working on a new upgrade for Deejaysystem Video. This upgrade will offer a new video playback engine which features even more compatibility, more reliability, and best of all, the CPU usage is 50% of previous version! With this new video engine Deejaysystem Video will be able to smoothly play High Definition videos without need of upgrading the hardware.

First BETA version is expected to be ready within next 2-3 weeks.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
westcoastdj View Drop Down

Quote westcoastdj Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 19:43
I love the VJ2 software.  I have been waiting for something like this forever.  THANK YOU!!!  As you go back into development I have one suggestion for you.

Instead of a time-based autoplay, how about something that makes the segue based on the level of volume.  (similiar to Sqrsoft Advanced Cross Fader) or (Station Playlist).

These allow you to adjust when you want your crossfade. (ugh it's hard to explain) but no matter how long your fade is or how much time you have remaining it still makes seamless segues and crossfades.

Thank you for doing such an awesome job!
billy View Drop Down

Quote billy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 24-Sep-2007 at 10:55

Hi Eddy, u guys are doing a great job but for more professional dj's like me to stick to vj, i'll be glad to see u guys giving us the freedom to use professional hardwares like nuo4, cdj1000mk3, vinyls etc for live video scratch. Please give us a timecode soon. Thanx. BILLY (the mix king of GHANA)

billy007ocean
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 10-Oct-2007 at 16:41
Originally posted by Edy

First BETA version is expected to be ready within next 2-3 weeks.
Okay, four weeks on & I'm checking this forum like a kid checks for his presents on Christmas morning!   - any progress?  -Alan.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply bullet Posted: 14-Oct-2007 at 18:00
YES, we're achiving great progress. It's taking a bit more time because I'm carefully completing and testing each step for implementing the new video playback engine. Only 2-4 days more and the first beta will be ready. Current prototypes really use half CPU than previous version!! Even video playback seems smoother now. I'll let you decide once the BETA is released.

Cheers!
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply