Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Video Logo overlay with transparent backgrounds?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Video Logo overlay with transparent backgrounds?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video Logo overlay with transparent backgrounds?
    Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 04:32

Hi,  I use the logo feature all the time, but would like to use it to display a video logo with a transparent background.  -Has anyone succeeded in doing this? -If so, could you walk me through the software/creation process? I've tried using flash etc & dabbled with various formats, but no luck so far.

Edy, are there plans for the logo feature to accept animated .Gif files?
And on a similar subject, .SWF backgrounds?
Regards, Alan.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2007 at 11:08
Hi Alan,

Transparency background with videos is not supported at this time. I plan to add chroma-style transparency in the future: you specify a color, and that color will become transparent. This will work also with videos used as Logo. So you could use any AVI/MPEG etc. with a chroma background as logo.

Animated GIF and SWF would be supported if a proper DirectX codec exists. I don't know them at this time. For SWF, you can convert them to video and then use them as background. There are a variety of tools that allows you to to do this (i.e. SWF To Video Scout).

Cheers,

Edited by Edy - 12-Sep-2007 at 11:10
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Sep-2007 at 07:16
Well, that would explain why I'm not having much success with it! -I already use Targa *.tga file format for my still image logos, which works very well, but will now look for a directx filter for animated transparent *.gif files as an alternative to video.

While I welcome the idea of a "chroma key" feature, I worry that it's not something every VJ2 user would want or need. Part of the beauty of Deejaysystems software is it's simple, uncluttered layout, and I like it that way! Perhaps chromakey is a feature which could be offered as an add-on so that users who don't want it won't have it forced upon them.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Sep-2007 at 20:02
...or just two options "enable chroma key" and "select chroma key color" in the LOGO dialog, below transparency, position, etc   :-)

I fully understand you, don't worry. I wouldn't add anything to Deejaysystem that could change the "really simple" looking.

Cheers,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic