Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Secondary S-video to Composit problems, flickers..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Secondary S-video to Composit problems, flickers..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Secondary S-video to Composit problems, flickers..
    Posted: 19-Sep-2007 at 02:36
Just thought just in-case anyone was or is having a BIG problem that I ran across tonight that took me forever to figure out.

It has to do with problems with VJ-2 (the latest version 3.1.1) and most Nvidia Video cards with Secondary S-video outputs and Windows XP, and those people (like I do!) probably use a cheap Radio Shack s-video to composite RCA adapter to run their TV's, Projectors, etc..

I am running a Nvidia 6600 LE card and tried updating my video drivers to the latest NEW drivers from the Nvidia website, just to find out that the 91.47's I was running were perfect! After upgrading the drivers and setting and configuring everything, I noticed a massive glitch that caused not only VJ-2 but windows xp in general to flash flicker the TV screen when "anything" tried to use it! It was so bad in VJ-2 that just opening VJ-2 caused the TV signal to jump, flicker and flash for about 1-2 seconds until it seemed to settle down, but It did the exact same thing for every video that I loaded into the players every time! It also caused some audio skipping and problems, along with the horrible video 1-2 second freezes and flickers...

This drove me nuts trying to figure out why simply updating to the new Nvidia drivers could cause so much hell on my DJ system... But after much trial and error I finally figured it out and now everything works perfect and is now smooth as glass once again! :)

I just un-installed VJ-2 completely, Un-installed the NEW (screwed up) Nvidia drivers, monitors, etc.. and rebooted. I then downloaded the older 91.47's from the nvidia website and installed them, configured and rebooted, then re-installed VJ-2 and configured it to my tastes once again, and now everything works PERFECT!... :)

This may not be the exact same case or situation you may be in or experiencing, but I think this needs to be known by anyone running VJ-2 and any Nvidia card if your having strange flicker, skipping, etc.. problems with VJ-2...

Hope this info helps anyone with these sort of issues....
DJ SHAWN

[Dj_Shawn Rocks The House!]
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Oct-2007 at 19:34
Thank you Shawn!

I didn't also like the new drivers from nVidia. Simply configuring the dual-screen mode with extended desktop was a pain: nVidia drivers persisted in extending all my taskbar along the desktop, so I saw the "Start" menu in an screen and the clock in the other. Probably there's a way to configure it properly, but I got tired on testing.

So I also applied the old wise philosophy that says "If it works fine now, why upgrade?". I reverted the drivers to the older version and everything works perfect, including 3D gaming and everything I could need.

But anyways we should try the latest drivers with the next BETA version I'm about to release this week. The display usage is totally different from previous versions. The first change you'll notice is that new VJ2 will use about half CPU than previous versions. Really! Maybe it's me, but even videos seems to play smoother. This new version may work even with latest drivers.

Cheers!
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
jokopring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokopring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2007 at 23:29
how about for input signal video from another source, like from DVD player or camera..? can this software recognize that signal..?

thks..
Regards..
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 09:55
I'm not sure about that? And am kinda of wondring "WHY" this would even be needed?... I mean, VJ2 is a media file VJ Mixer /  Player.

If it's "Files from other devices you mean, I don't see why not as long as you can open them up into VJ2 :) But not about controling these "other" devices threw VJ2?... Do you know what he means EDY?... I'm not sure what he means.
jokopring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokopring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 20:41
i just imagine, if this software can do that. it will so perfect. i don't want to controling "other" devices, but just recognize and support from "other" signal and will be simultane. and this software can put that source signal from other source & put it to video preview and play or mix it.

sorry..if my english so.....
thks...
Regards..
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2007 at 23:31
I am still lost my man!..??? I have no idea what you are talking about, to me it sounds like you are trying to drive car at the same time while driving "another car"?... It don't make sense...

Deejaysystem(s) are PLAYERS / MIXERS not remote controls... I don't mean to sound rude, but even as tech savey as I am your question makes NO SENSE!! Exclamation
valkanela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valkanela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2009 at 13:29
I think that he's talking about running two devices in the same time. It's something like that option in VirtualDJ, you can play video and add some visualisations (with editing the visibility) in the same time in the same output window. Quess it's good for some karaoke needs, to make it more atractive. And yes, it is possible to run video from camera and mix it with some music video or visualisation. But, I would never change this great stable DJS for VDJ, no matter what it can do... VDJ is just too buggy...
jokopring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokopring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2009 at 00:02
if you didn't understand for my explanation, you can see this software :
SWIFT ELITE 4.0 ( http://www.tricerasoft.com/video_software/swift_elite_video.html ).
this software can Add Video or Audio Sources like Tracks.

i hope, you understand what i mean & i needed.
best regards..
Regards..
Dj_Shawn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dj_Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2009 at 00:34
Ok, I think I now better understand what your trying to do. :) I guess I would consider that to be something like layering. That would be a cool feature to add to all the already cool features of VDJ. I just love the way VDJ let's you create a cool "ticker, personal logo, and the use of web cams, vid files, backgrounds, etc.. *for my needs VDJ is just all I ever use or need :)
The only extra thing as of now that I've ever wished for was master tempo, and the option to add set cue points, but this is just a wish, not really a major need ;) It's just amazing what some of these newer DJ softwares can do, but DJS and VDJ have always been my #1 used DJ/VJ software just because it's so simple but yet does so much. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic