Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About the Beta

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About the Beta
    Posted: 29-Oct-2004 at 03:41

While I realize it's a "beta".. and that I might be overlooking something.. will there be a way to toggle the "mouse over" ID3 tag data that now appear on the playlist?

Edited by drjack
drjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2004 at 21:28

Hey Edy... while on the topic of ID3 tags.. only a suggestion but how about the option to either (a) display the actual file names as is done now or (b) allow the user to set up the columns and use any of the four major parts of an ID3 tag in the playlist (ie: Artist, track title, track #, album) in any order.  You're already "apparently" already accessing the tags for the new mouse over display as well as for the "now playing" in each cart.

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2004 at 23:07

Originally posted by drjack drjack wrote:

While I realize it's a "beta".. and that I might be overlooking something.. will there be a way to toggle the "mouse over" ID3 tag data that now appear on the playlist?

Whoops! I've just found a bug here. The "mouse over" hint should be enabled or disabled according to "Show hints" option at the Settings window. But actually it's always shown regardless this option. Fixed for the next version.

Originally posted by drjack drjack wrote:

how about the option to either (a) display the actual file names as is done now or (b) allow the user to set up the columns and use any of the four major parts of an ID3 tag in the playlist (ie: Artist, track title, track #, album) in any order.  You're already "apparently" already accessing the tags for the new mouse over display as well as for the "now playing" in each cart.

The playlist component is planned to be completely redesigned. Currently uses a slightly modified version of Delphi's "TListView" component, which is slow and has limited flexibility. I expect the new Playlist component to be fully customizable and to allow all required options as well as new features (colors, improved search results, browse folder...)

Greetings!

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2004 at 23:50
I forgot to say that yes, Deejaysystem looks at the ID3 tag for extracting the file info. If ID3 is present Deejaysystem uses the data. If not, then it tryes to extract artist - title info from the file name.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic