Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Editing Song Database?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmatheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Editing Song Database?
    Posted: 24-Nov-2007 at 17:52
Using Beta 3.2

How do I edit the song database? Specifically, removing tracks that are no longer valid (moved or deleted from hard drive).
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 04:59
Hello,

Next version will include a database manager tool. One of its functions will be to perform a database cleanup for the invalid files.

Best regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
brianc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 11:13
Did this feature ever make it? I am evaluated 3.3.0 and do not see it. I have many bogus entried in my database that need to be cleaned up.

Brian
cmatheny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmatheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2008 at 17:46
No, it hasn't. Edy has been fixing the video engine this year and he indicates index management will be in a future version.

The only option we have currently is to delete the index files from the hard drive and re-add your entire collection (thus re-creating the indexes).
brianc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2008 at 10:30
I've noticed ClubDJPro 3 is very simular to DeeJaySystem. Is there any relation to these products? It seems to be an expanded version. The setup screens are nearly identical!
wingtipvortex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingtipvortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Nov-2008 at 21:08

Originally posted by brianc brianc wrote:

I've noticed ClubDJPro 3 is very simular to DeeJaySystem. Is there any relation to these products? It seems to be an expanded version. The setup screens are nearly identical!

>>>  www.clubdjpro.com/company.php

Edited by wingtipvortex - 29-Nov-2008 at 21:10
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2008 at 05:00
Originally posted by cmatheny cmatheny wrote:

No, it hasn't. Edy has been fixing the video engine this year and he indicates index management will be in a future version.

The only option we have currently is to delete the index files from the hard drive and re-add your entire collection (thus re-creating the indexes).

Confirmed: NEXT version (3.3.1) will include the database management tool.

ClubDJPro uses Deejaysystem's video engine for playing and mixing video clips.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
jamhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2009 at 15:49
Hi Edy, any news yet on when next version (3.3.1) will be released as my database is in a bit of a mess with loads of "dead" files. Also, which files are the "index files" I currently need to delete in order to get by for the moment? Cheers for a great system - Kev
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2009 at 19:28
Go to the folder where Deejaysystem is installed. Enter the sub-folder "Data". The files "songinfo.sdb" and "songinfo.idx" store the database data. Delete them for restarting the database.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
jamhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2009 at 10:51
Hi Edy, I've already tried deleting those 2 files from a suggestion made in another thread. Those files have both been deleted, and removed from the
Recycle Bin, but for some reason, my database still shows all my songs in it.
I've tried re-booting the laptop but my database is still showing over 16,000 songs in it. I'm using Vista with SP1 on it if this helps. Where else could the system be storing the data?
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2009 at 17:28
Do a search in your hard disk for "songinfo". Probably you've deleted the files from a different installation that the one you're actually using.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
jamhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2009 at 14:14
Thanks for that, problem solved.

Instead of being in the C:\Program Files\Deejaysystem\Deejaysystem Video VJ2\Data folder, the index files were in the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Deejaysystem\Deejaysystem Video VJ2\Data folder.

Thanks for all your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic