Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deejaysystem VJ2 3.2 BETA 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deejaysystem VJ2 3.2 BETA 4
    Posted: 05-Feb-2008 at 14:41
A new Deejaysystem version is now available for BETA testing. All known bugs in the video playback engine have been fixed. This version should be the latest one before the final release.

More info and downloads
elfh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elfh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 19:19
its not working on my notebook. "access violation at address 00542d37 in module vj2beta.exe read of address ffff00a0"

just after logo appears on the start.

3.1 worked fine.

winxp, ati mobility radeon 7500.

Edited by elfh - 17-Feb-2008 at 19:20
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 19:27
This may sound strange, but please try the following:
  1. Open 3.1, click Settings, then click the "Restore" button at the "Language" section. Ok, Ok.
  2. Close 3.1 and open BETA 4. Does it work now?
Sometimes I've noticed this problem when using two different versions of the software. It seems to do with the program loading the language file, but I've been unable to isolate the cause. However, once you configure the language to english in Beta 4 then the problem seems to be gone.

Please let me know if this worked.
Best regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
elfh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elfh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Feb-2008 at 23:51
now it not starts at all :(
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Feb-2008 at 18:34
I have same problem with Beta4 - application hangs after the splash screen, leaving only the video window open.... will try a full removal of 3.1 / Beta3 from system & from registry, then get back to you...
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 11:56
Any news on this issue? I've been unable to reproduce it yet.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2008 at 05:29

Hi Edy, no luck yet resolving this one....

I've tried the language restore as suggested, and fully removed (to the best of my knowledge!) the system registry entries for the 3.1 final. After  removal of the old app & re-installing Beta4, it still hangs. On rare occasions I get an error message as described further up this topic, but almost all of the time I get the "Beta warning/acceptance" alert box (click ok to show you're aware it's a BETA), followed by the circular splash screen, then nothing. Windows task manager shows the video window as active (but not responding), and doesn't show the application. The logfile just shows "initiated" with timestamp.

I've abandoned testing on Beta4 for the moment 'cause I'm using DJS 6 nights a week & I need 3.1 running smoothly! - however, on two other machines running XP I have the same issue. On one laptop, with windows XP Media center edition, Beta4 runs, but I'm let down by the 64mb graphics card so I can't really test it properly. Sorry I'm not much help!Confused

Edited by Alan Ross - 21-Feb-2008 at 05:33
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2008 at 05:38
Thank you anyways Alan!

It seems to be some problem at the main dialog's initialization, but I cannot figure it out as it usually works here (I got an access violation a couple of times thought). I managed to relate the problem with the language file loading, as it's done still a quite "rustic" way. I'll double-check all this for the next version.

Thanks!
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
mastersdjs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastersdjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2008 at 19:15

Problem fix:

Go to you C drive, program, open deejay system folder; copy folder languages to the folder where deejay system is locate.  That folder is missing on the latest version and is need when the program is opening.  Hoping that this help !!!

LT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic