Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Desarrollo > Beta testing & Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deejaysystem VJ2 3.5 Beta 4 (english)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deejaysystem VJ2 3.5 Beta 4 (english)
    Posted: 20-Nov-2009 at 06:40

Product: Deejaysystem Video VJ2
Version: 3.5 Beta 4
Date: 2010.05.24
Download: Deejaysystem_Video_20100524_350_Beta4.zip (3,78 Mb)

The beta testing period has expired.
A new version is already available at http://www.deejaysystem.com

IMPORTANT: Keyboard, Behringer BCD-2000, Hercules DJ Mk2 / MP3 and Visiosonic DAC-2 / DAC-3 / DMC-1 users

Default control maps have changed for supporting the new playlist functionality. When using this version the first time, Deejaysystem will preserve your current maps. If you want to use the new maps, you must enable them at Settings > Control > Defaults. Control map settings at this version does not affect map settings in previous versions.

New maps per device (click here for more)

• Keyboard: Deck control using the arrows is now done with numeric keypad, 4-6-8-5 keys. Arrows now move across the songs in the playlist and select the active deck. Return, and CTRL + left / right open the selected song.
  • BCD2000: The FX A-B-C-D buttons now control playlist and load songs.
  • Hercules Mk2/MP3: The central joystick now controls the playlist and selects among VIDEO OUT and PLAYLIST. Lower buttons open the selected song.
  • DAC2/DAC3/DMC1: Track buttons now move across the songs in the playlist. Load buttons open the selected song.

New in this version:

• Fully reworked playlist
  • Icons by track type (audio / video / karaoke).
  • Graphic background.
  • Improved the appearance of the cursor and the selection.
  • Dragging tracks with the mouse now clearly shows the insertion point.
  • Special track colors: loaded track (green), already played track (grayed).
  • Support for generic MIDI controllers. Templates and maps are loaded from XML files.
  • New MIDI controllers supported out of the box: Denon DN-HC4500, Numark Omni Control, Behringer BCD3000, Hercules DJ Console Remix, Hercules DJ Control Steel, KontrolDJ KDJ500. Maps per device
  • Ability for supporting new controllers by editing an XML file. Learn more
  • Suppor for the PFL channel selection switch in Hercules DJ Console Mk2.
  • BASS latest version (2.4) plugins are supported.
  • New audio formats supported as standard: AC3, ALAC (Apple Lossless), APE, Musepack MPC, OptimFROG OFR, FLAC, WavPack.
  • Support for multi-channel audio files (more than 2).
  • Bugfix: Fixed problems loading mp3 in certain circumstances in some computers.
  • Utilities for managing and maintaining the internal database (Settings > Database).
  • Added ability to drag songs from the SEARCH window.
  • Improved compatibility with cameras and video capture devices.
  • Improved compatibility with certain video cards.
  • Improved the aspect-ratio management in text, background and logo.
  • Improved the startup time.
  • Improved performance when adding files and folders to the playlist.
  • Improved error behavior in Autoplay mode.
  • Many improvements, corrections and adjustments.
New in Beta 3:
  • The playlist now supports repeated files. Can be enabled/disabled at Settings > Playlist.
  • New controller supported: Vestax VCI-100 (BETA)
  • Default mappings adjusted and fine tuned (MidiDefaults.xml)
  • Startup and close times have been highly improved.
  • Fixed all know bugs from previous betas.
New in Beta 4:
  • Suppor for Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2.
  • Audio is now remixed at 192 Khz / 24 bits. The resulting audio will be played according to the device's capabilities.
  • M4V files (from iTunes) are now included in the supported file list.
  • Fixed problems with MP4 / M4V / MOV / H.264 files. It's recommended to use the K-Lite Codec Pack Full from www.codecguide.com ("Playback only" setup) until the K-Lite Codec Pack Deejaysystem Edition is updated.
  • Bugfix: drag & drop files from SEARCH dialog could cause a fault and close the application.
  • Bugfix: the option "Allow duplicated files" was not stored properly.

Setup:

Create a new folder (i.e. at your Desktop) and unzip the file inside,  then click the file "VJ2 Beta".

Support:

If you find any problem with this version please post it here as reply to this topic. Thank you!

Note: Support for files protected by Windows Media DRM is now available to customers only. Contact us in the support email if you need to play this kind of files.

Edited by Edy - 19-Mar-2013 at 21:28
jamhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Nov-2009 at 16:46
Some great improvements, but have so far found the following problems:

1. Instead of importing my old playlist, I added the master folder with sub folders, amountng to 39,000 files, and the system crashed. Overcame this by importing my old playlist.

2. When I load this version, I no longer have my previous playlist in the playlist window.

3. The slider on the right hand side of the playlist has a bit of a dodgy display, making quick scrolling down to the bottom of the playlist very fiddly.

4. When I try the new drag & drop feature from the search window to the playlist, it freezes every time with the message:

Access violation at address 00000018. Read of address 00000018.

The only way I way I can regain control of the system is to hit Ctrl Alt & Delete & closing down the app.

Edy, I do hope you find these comments useful. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Kev

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Nov-2009 at 07:05
Hello, thank you for your feedback!

1. I'm afraid that the only way I could reproduce this problem is if you send me a copy of your entire collection, so I could make it fail and find the cause. I've tryed here with our own collection (~1000 audio and video files, including our collection of corrupted, unsupported, and fake files) without any problem.

You could also repeat the situation with the detailed Log enabled (Settings > Log), then take the LOG after the crash (subfolder Data) and post it here. Don't worry if it's big, I'll edit and crop the important parts.

2. Previous playlist is stored in the subfolder Data, so the previous playlist from the Beta is different from the previous playlist from other versions.

3. I agree, that's the Window's default scroll bar. Maybe it's better to use keyboard up-down, page up/page down and home/end. I may develop a new scrollbar in a future version.

4. Works fine here in XP, what's your OS? Also, do you have an antivirus or something that may be globally examining the file paths that are dragged/dropped? (because the file paths are mangled in order to prevent the creation of shortcuts if dropped outside Deejaysystem)

Anyone else has this problem? (crash on drag&drop from the search dialog)

Regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Dec-2009 at 14:35
Beta 2 released. It only fixes a small security problem that could cause problems when activating the product.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jan-2010 at 07:38
Beta 3 released.
  • The playlist now supports repeated files. Can be enabled/disabled at Settings > Playlist.
  • New controller supported: Vestax VCI-100 (BETA)
  • Default mappings adjusted and fine tuned (MidiDefaults.xml)
  • Startup and close times have been highly improved.
  • Fixed all known bugs from previous betas.

Edited by Edy - 08-Jan-2010 at 07:39
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
cmatheny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmatheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jan-2010 at 16:18
Yes, same problem here. Drag/drop from search window generates Access Violation requiring end process. It occurs as soon as the mouse leaves the search window.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2010 at 10:49
Originally posted by cmatheny cmatheny wrote:

Yes, same problem here. Drag/drop from search window generates Access Violation requiring end process. It occurs as soon as the mouse leaves the search window.
Confirmed, the problem can be easily reproduced on Windows 7 (no problem on XP). I'm working on it.

EDIT: Problem fixed. Next version will work properly.

Edited by Edy - 21-Jan-2010 at 15:41
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
nickburrett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickburrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2010 at 17:32
Hi

I really like the software, only had a chance to use it for the last few hours.  I'm not sure if the list below is bugs or my own inexperience.

1. When setting a cue point on a music video, the software doesnt tend to remember exactly where I have set the cue point to be.

2. Again when setting a cue point on a music video, the software loses the cue point when you re-add it to the deck (or another deck), I was under the impression that the cue point would be stored in the database forever.

3. Cue point 1 (to start playing), and Cue point 0 (to skip to next song) should be used by the software automatically when in autoplay - allowing the DJ to answer the call of nature or go to the bar!

4. My screen resolution is 1280 x 800, and the software looks lost!  To me it seems a shame to waste all the space of my screen.  I'm really not bothered about how pretty it looks - I just want it to be functional.

5. I'd like an option to keep the search popup open permanently.

Apologies if any of this isnt useful, as I say - I've been a user for a matter of a couple of hours!

Definately interested in purchasing if item 3 is added as a feature - please keep me informed!
djludo75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djludo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2010 at 05:49
Hi,

I've tryed you're beta version : very good job ! looks very stable (and that's the most important to me). I've been using Virtual DJ and I stopped because of unstability.

Could you make it possible to play ".ts" file, (common video file format used in HD TV SHOW capture) ? I trued with ther codec pack provided but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot and please release the new version soon I'm interested to buy it (what's happening since november 20th your last post ??)
djludo75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djludo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Mar-2010 at 09:40
Hi again

I've noticied a Hudge BUG in this version, as well as the other one : it works perfectly on VOB Files (with MPEG2 audio) with K-Lite Codec Pack Deejaysystem Edition version 2.72a / 2006.12.21.
But this package is dating back.
If using the last package (5.7.0 or 5.7.4), whatever the settings are, it's impossible to get the sound playing from these VOB Files.
Can you tell us more on this ? I mention that the files are playing without problems in all other softwares installed (such as MPC, VDJ...).
Tell me if your need more info from me.

I truly love your software, go ahead, bring it up !
jamhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2010 at 06:32
Any news on what's happening?
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2010 at 07:28
Originally posted by nickburrett nickburrett wrote:

Hi

I really like the software, only had a chance to use it for the last few hours.  I'm not sure if the list below is bugs or my own inexperience.

1. When setting a cue point on a music video, the software doesnt tend to remember exactly where I have set the cue point to be.

2. Again when setting a cue point on a music video, the software loses the cue point when you re-add it to the deck (or another deck), I was under the impression that the cue point would be stored in the database forever.

3. Cue point 1 (to start playing), and Cue point 0 (to skip to next song) should be used by the software automatically when in autoplay - allowing the DJ to answer the call of nature or go to the bar!

4. My screen resolution is 1280 x 800, and the software looks lost!  To me it seems a shame to waste all the space of my screen.  I'm really not bothered about how pretty it looks - I just want it to be functional.

5. I'd like an option to keep the search popup open permanently.

Apologies if any of this isnt useful, as I say - I've been a user for a matter of a couple of hours!

Definately interested in purchasing if item 3 is added as a feature - please keep me informed!

1. This occurs when you PAUSE a playing track, then store the position in a cue slot. Instead, use the SEARCH buttons after pausing to exactly find the desired position, then store it in a cue slot.

[tech details]
The cause for this behavior is in the codec used for decoding that format. Deejaysystem tracks the position in the song according to the amount of audio that has been played since the last seek operation. This is an exact measure, but not all codecs track the position in the same way. So it may happen that Deejaysystem shows the position 1:00 because it knows it has played an exact minute. But when sending the command "Seek to 1:00" to the codec, it may go to a slightly different position. Using the SEARCH buttons before setting the cue point ensures the exact position because these buttons sends the "Seek to" commands to the codec. So when recalling the cue point, it will repeat the exact "Seek to" command, so the position will be exactly the same.

2. Try starting Deejaysystem in administrator mode (right-click the icon > run as administrator). You can also specify the admin mode as default in the icon properties.

[tech details]
Deejaysystem stores these data in a file in the same location where the program is installed (typically c:\Program Files). In Vista/7, this location cannot write to unless you have admin privileges. Otherwise, Windows re-routes all write operations to a specific folder in the user's data folder. The problem is when it happens that both locations have the same file. If so, then the write operations are routed, but the read operations are not. In a future version Deejaysystem will store all its data in the user data folder.

3. This exact feature is already planned for a future version.

4. Sorry... this wil also be fixed in a future version, when skins are supported. Then we will provide different skins with different sizes.

5. Also planned for a future version. The SEARCH dialog will be integrated into the software in the same way as the PLAYLIST and VIDEO-OUT sections.

Edited by Edy - 21-Apr-2010 at 07:29
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2010 at 07:34
Originally posted by djludo75 djludo75 wrote:

Hi,

I've tryed you're beta version : very good job ! looks very stable (and that's the most important to me). I've been using Virtual DJ and I stopped because of unstability.

Could you make it possible to play ".ts" file, (common video file format used in HD TV SHOW capture) ? I trued with ther codec pack provided but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot and please release the new version soon I'm interested to buy it (what's happening since november 20th your last post ??)

Thank you very much!
Could you please send me one of those .ts files? (< 100Mb). Use www.mediafire.com or similar, then send me the link. This way I could ensure your files to be properly supported.

I've been working on the new controller support system since my last post. Also, I'm now working some bugs found around codec compatibility.
It's a big time, I know, but it will mean many new controllers supported, as well as being extremely easy to support any MIDI-based controller (just downloading a template file).
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2010 at 08:02
Originally posted by djludo75 djludo75 wrote:

Hi again

I've noticied a Hudge BUG in this version, as well as the other one : it works perfectly on VOB Files (with MPEG2 audio) with K-Lite Codec Pack Deejaysystem Edition version 2.72a / 2006.12.21.
But this package is dating back.
If using the last package (5.7.0 or 5.7.4), whatever the settings are, it's impossible to get the sound playing from these VOB Files.
Can you tell us more on this ? I mention that the files are playing without problems in all other softwares installed (such as MPC, VDJ...).
Tell me if your need more info from me.

I truly love your software, go ahead, bring it up !

Maybe you could find the files below useful. They are the settings used for creating the custom setup of K-Lite Codec Pack (Performance and Compatibility modes).

Also, you could upload the LOG files generated when loading one of your VOB files in both codec packs.

1. Settings > Advanced, ensure "Record detailed LOG" is enabled, then click "Restart".
2. Open one of your files
3. Settings > Advanced, click "View". Copy & Paste.
4. Close al programs, uninstall codec pack, install the other one, and repeat.

-----------------------------------------
Performance mode:

Destination location:
      C:\Archivos de programa\K-Lite Codec Pack

Setup type:
      Custom Selection

Selected components:
      Video
         Windows Media 9 VCM
         On2 VP7
            Decoding
         Indeo
            Ligos Indeo 5.2
            Intel Indeo 4.5
            Intel Indeo 3.2
         Intel I.263
         huffyuv
         MPEG-2
            Demuxer (splitter)
               Elecard
      Audio
         Vorbis (CoreVorbis)
      Other DirectShow Filters
         MP4 splitter
         Matroska splitter (.MKV)
            made by Haali
         DirectVobSub
            v2.36
      ffdshow
         Customize settings
      Tools
         GSpot Codec Information Appliance
         Sherlock
         VobSubStrip
         GraphEdit
      Compatibility
         Disable G400 filter
         Disable DivX Anti-Freeze
         Disable InterVideo MPEG-4 Decoder
         Register main DirectShow filters

Start Menu folder:
      K-Lite Codec Pack

Additional tasks:
      ffdshow configuration
         Decode the following video formats with ffdshow:
            DivX
            XviD
            Generic MPEG-4 (excluding DivX and XviD)
            H.264
            MPEG-2
            MP41, MP42, MP43, H.261, H.263, MJPEG, Theora, VP3
            Cinepak, Techsmith, Truemotion, MS Video 1, MSRLE, CorePNG
            VCR1, DV, ASV1/2, CYUV, ZLIB, 8BPS, LOCO, MSZH, QPEG, WNV1
         Decode the following audio formats with ffdshow:
            AAC
            AC3
            DTS
            MP1, MP2
            MP3
            True Audio
            AMR, FLAC, MS ADPCM, IMA ADPCM

------------------------------------
Compatibility Mode

Destination location:
      C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack

Setup type:
      Custom Selection

Selected components:
      Video
         DivX Pro [version 5.2.1]
            Decoding
         XviD [version 1.0.3]
            Decoding
         3ivX Pro [version D4 4.5.1]
            Decoding
         Windows Media 9 VCM
         Indeo
            Ligos Indeo 5.2
            Intel Indeo 4.5
            Intel Indeo 3.2
         Intel I.263
         huffyuv
         MS MPEG-4
         MPEG-2
            Demuxer (splitter)
               Elecard
            Decoder
               MainConcept (video/audio)
      Audio
         MP3
         AC3 (ACFilter)
            v1.01a
         AC3 (ACM)
         Vorbis (CoreVorbis)
         AAC (3ivx Pro)
            Decoding
         MusePack
         Monkey's Audio
         WavPack
         FLAC
      Other DirectShow Filters
         MP4 splitter
         Ogg splitter (.OGM/.OGG)
            made by Gabest
         Matroska splitter (.MKV)
            made by Gabest
      Tools
         GSpot Codec Information Appliance
      Compatibility
         Disable G400 filter
         Disable DivX Anti-Freeze
         Disable InterVideo MPEG-4 Decoder
         Register main DirectShow filters

Start Menu folder:
      K-Lite Codec Pack

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2010 at 08:04
Originally posted by jamhead jamhead wrote:

Any news on what's happening?

Working on fixing some codec compatibility issues and completing the new controller support system.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic