Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MP4 track tags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MP4 track tags
    Posted: 24-Jan-2010 at 14:29
We plan to start using mp4 video files from one of the subscription services.  Do these files have track tags similar to the mp3 track tags?? 
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2010 at 19:16
Apparently yes, as result of a Google search for "mp4 tags". They seem to be mostly used by Apple and Quicktime players.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2010 at 19:56
I received a DVD sample from PO with the mp4 video files.  And I downloaded a trial version of ClubDJ Pro VJ software.  This software displays tract tag info for PO's mp4 video files and mp3 audio files.  The software displays filenames for vob and mpg files.  So the mp4 video files appear to be about 1/3 smaller than mpeg2 files and also have tract tag info.  These are big advantages and we want to use them in the future. 

So far I have not found software to edit the mp4 tags.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2010 at 06:17
ClubDJ Pro author has pointed me to a proper library to handle the MP4 tags. So a future version of Deejaysystem will handle MP4 tags with editing functions. Thanks!
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic