FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MP4 don't play

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MP4 don't play
    Posted: 21-Apr-2010 at 09:17
These kind of issues are typically caused by codecs that have quite specific requirements. Usually they are not compatible with Deejaysystem, as it follows the DirectShow compatibility protocols as close as possible. For example, a customer found the MOV-H.264 files not to work in Deejaysystem on Windows 7 (but they work perfectly in Media Player). No matter what codec pack was being installed. A look at the LOG file found that the Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs was being "injected" as priority codecs for that format. I had to ban these codecs inside Deejaysystem, allowing other more compatible codecs (from the codec pack) to be probed and finally used to properly decode and play that format.

Edit: It seems that banning the Microsoft DTV-DVD codecs inside Deejaysystem fixed problems with users playing m4v files as well. I'll update the current Beta 3 for including this fix.

Edited by Edy - 11-May-2010 at 14:53
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
wingtipvortex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingtipvortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Apr-2010 at 09:32
Ive never had problems with mp4 files ever,  they seem very stable for me. Strange problem.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2010 at 05:25
Confirmed, I've tested this K-Lite version to work perfectly with H.264-encoded MP4 files in Deejaysystem.

http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_full.htm

I'll build a Deejaysystem-edition of this pack for the next non-beta released of Deejaysystem Video.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
NiteRay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2010 at 19:54
If you are still having problems playing MP4 files as i was try installing the
Klite 5.3.8 Codec standard pack mines working prefectly.Just install as default settings hope this helps,currently using DJS 3.5 (NiteRay)
>>>$$$<<<
daywalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daywalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Mar-2010 at 12:54
Hi,

I have a problem with the mp4-Codec and the deejaysystem. The K-Lite-Codec-DJSystem-Edition-272a is installed, but mp4-movies don't work on deejaysystem. On mediaplayer the mp4-movies work very fine. My operatingsystem is MS Windows Seven 32bit Home Premium Edition.

please, can anybody help me by this problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic