Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quicktime alternative

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quicktime alternative
    Posted: 29-May-2010 at 21:04
Hi there

I hope you can help.  I'm using the software to run roughly 7 minute sections of video with some sound design on the video - so I need both audio and video.

I have been encoding everything as H264 quicktimes as it seems to give good results.  But when I play them in Deejay system I get no audio.

the only workaround is to uninstall quicktime and install the quicktime alternative - which then means my edit system doesn't work Cry

Is there a way to make it work without using QT alternative.

OR is there a codec out there that's as good as H264??  if so what?

I want to run files at either SD 16x9 or 720p 16x9.

thanks

p.s. I purchased the software over a week ago and still haven't got an e-mail with the support details.  Edy???

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jun-2010 at 05:40
Hi, sorry for the problem.

Try keeping your Quicktime, then installing this latest codec pack. Setup it as "Playback only". Ensure that you have no other codecs than Quicktime and this K-Lite pack.

Thank you for purchasing! You should have received an automated email with your activation key and the support instructions. If not, please PM me with your order details.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
silverfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2010 at 17:05
Hi Edy
thanks for that - I'll try it now.  Yes you're right all the info was in the e-mail - was rushing to get ready for gig!
W
kellyj994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellyj994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2010 at 03:33
Originally posted by silverfox silverfox wrote:

Hi there

I hope you can help.  I'm using the software to run roughly 7 minute sections of video with some sound design on the video - so I need both audio and video.

I have been encoding everything as H264 quicktimes as it seems to give good results.  But when I play them in Deejay system I get no audio.

the only workaround is to uninstall quicktime and install the quicktime alternative - which then means my edit system doesn't work Cry

Is there a way to make it work without using QT alternative.

OR is there a codec out there that's as good as H264??  if so what?

I want to run files at either SD 16x9 or 720p 16x9.

thanks

p.s. I purchased the software over a week ago and still haven't got an e-mail with the support details.  Edy???

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.
silverfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2010 at 09:04
Just to say I found out the answer to the problem.... i had uninstalled itunes and there's a particular audio codec that I needed from itunes - once installed all the QT's worked perfectly
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic