Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Videos are green and red negative????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Videos are green and red negative????
    Posted: 31-Jan-2011 at 15:26

i got a new computer and now when i try to play videos they show up in a green and red negative looking tint??? i can not figure this out???? please help me if anyone can. thank you .

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2011 at 19:34
Try opening the ffdshow video configuration (search for ffdshow in the search box of the startup menu), then select the Output tab and disable the checkbox for YV12 at "supported output colorspaces".

Note that you should have the K-Lite Codec Pack installed (Deejaysystem Edition if possible, available at our downloads section).
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
djav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2011 at 19:47

ok i guess i should start with this first. i have a gateway computer and i just purchased a HP so i wanted to keep this program. the gateway has never had k lite let alone this problem. the HP is the one giving me the problem. both run on windows 7. thank you for the previous reply

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2011 at 04:26
Try opening Deejaysystem settings, then select the Video tab and enable the option "Use compatible video surfades".
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
NiteRay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Apr-2011 at 07:32
Thanks Edy just purchase a new Computer had the same probelm (green and red negative looking tint???) your advice did the trick.
                                                                                 thanks NiteRay
>>>$$$<<<
Tisi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Oct-2011 at 13:52

Hello Edy, i have the same Problem as"djav". On my old Siemens Notebook VJ2 was playing without any Problems. Now i have a new ASUS Notebook and all Videos are in a green tint.

Your Answer for this Problem was: "..Try opening the ffdshow video configuration (search for ffdshow in the search box of the startup menu), then select the Output tab and disable the checkbox for YV12 at "supported output colorspaces".

Now i have done the following seetings:
K-Lite Codec Pack -> Configuration -> ffdshow -> video decoder configuration -> output -> Supported output Colorspaces: Planar YUV:

I420/IYUV = disabled 
IV12 = disabled

In the seetings i have already enabled the option "Use compatible video surfaces (slower)", but the Videos are still green.

Have you any other ideas about the reason for the green videos?

Thanks and Greetings
Tisi

Edited by Tisi - 16-Oct-2011 at 15:00
pscotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pscotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2011 at 15:14
Hi,

I had the same problem with a new notebook (Samsung sf310, with geforce 310m) and I solved the problem changing the configuration of nvdia video card.
Open the NVIDIA control painel.

The painel must be in advanced configurations.

Click in "manage 3D configuration" or something like that (my windows is in portuguese)

Select:

-> global settings
-> High-performance processor nvidia

Or you can change the values for each software at the other tab.

The colors are ok now, but the videos at VJ2.exe are not running ok. I think I need now to change some values at codec configurations, because the windows media player is playing videos better than DJ video system and Media Player Classic.

I hope this can help you.

Andy O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2013 at 11:59
Hi,

I've just bought a Toshiba Satellite Pro running Windows 7.
4G ram & 500G hard drive. The reason on purchase to run deejay system software.

But I get the red/green negative problem when trying to run avi files on the dj software. The files are ok in windows media!

I've tried all the suggestions to fix the problem, but to no avail! I've downloaded the codec file. Has anyone got any other ideas to get me up and running?

I await your replies!

Cheers
Andy O
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2013 at 07:22
Sorry for the problem. A fixed version will be released during this week.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Andy O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jan-2013 at 12:53
Thanks for the reply. Please can you post when the fixed version is ready to download?

So from what you say, it's something in the software. Is that right?

Cheers
Andy O
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2013 at 13:02
Not exactly. It's a combination of video format as comes from the codec, and texture format in the video driver. Deejaysystem take each video frame from the codec and passes it directly to a texture in the driver. In some specific case the formats don't seem to match, even given that Deejaysystem has initialized them correctly. This can be worked around by detecting that case and using a more compatible format on both ends so they will surely match exactly.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Andy O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jan-2013 at 13:56
OK. So do I need to wait for you to make changes, or are there things that I can do on my laptop to help the situation?

I look forward to your reply.
Cheers
Andy O
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2013 at 11:26
Not really. The workaround on the codecs and disabling YV12 was intended to avoid that situation where codec output and display input don't match. If videos play fine in green (I mean smooth playback, sound ok, etc) then they will be displayed correctly in the new version.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Andy O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2013 at 12:10
The videos play fine, and the sound is great. It's just that they're in green & red!
I look forward to the new version!
Cheers
Andy O
Andy O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2013 at 06:33
Hi  Eddy,

I apologise for being impatient, but do you have any news on the upgraded version of the software?

It's just that I bought this new laptop and I'm itching to put it into action!

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards
Andy O
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic