Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stereo with USB External Sound Card?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stereo with USB External Sound Card?
    Posted: 02-Sep-2004 at 00:50
Hi Guys :)

I `ve been using Deejaysystem for a long time, and i can tell you that you`ve done a great job . This is the best softwear for mixing!
First I used it with one sound card then I used it with two sound cards because I wanted the stereo sound(always with external mixer).
Now I got a laptop and am thinking about buyng external usb sound card since the laptop has poor soundcard.

So my question is If you please can suggest me some external sound card with which I will be able to have two line-outs so that when I connect it to my mixer i will have stereo sound on both channels ?
Or if you can suggest me some other trick to achieve this ...
I want to play on parties with my laptop and deejaysystem so I definately need stereo sound.

Thank you very much, I hope somebody could help me with this.

for example check out these sound cards do you think they might work: http://soundblaster.com/products/audigy2NX/
or http://soundblaster.com/products/MP3+/

thanks again!
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 04:06

Thanks!

Deejaysystem uses DirectSound for playback, and currently external soundcards appear to DirectSound as a single output. So the only solution is using the external soundcard as output #1 and the laptop's built-in soundcard as output #2.

However, the next major development at Deejaysystem will be implementing ASIO support. Thus, most of multi-output soundcards will be available to Deejaysystem at their full extent.

Greetings,

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 04:07

... so the recommendation for a soundcard (I forgot ) is: any soundcard with at least two independent outputs and ASIO drivers.

Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
sinai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Sep-2004 at 08:05
thanks a lot . I am buying the card and contnue with the mixing
hleyen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleyen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Sep-2004 at 22:56
I have done a brief lab test using two identical SoundBlaster MP3+. The system was working fine on both cards which were distinguished by the system. Even after reboot channels stayed where they have been before. I mostly do studio work but have done two live sessions on friends' wedding using one external MP3+ and one internal Creamware TripleDAT soundcard with Deejaysystem (Mk I then). This also works fine but the Creamware card tends to lock itself out after boot and it takes some tricks to reenable it.
Hartmut
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic