Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cant get full mix output on secondary out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DISCODUCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cant get full mix output on secondary out
    Posted: 24-Jun-2006 at 18:04

I'm sure somebody else out there must be experiencing the problem I'm having.Hope you guys can help.

I'm using a Dell laptop with 256 mb RAM and a decent speed processor.Am using Veejay MK 2 demo software with this and the problem I'm having is that I cannot get the full mix output on the procter screen I am hooked up to.As per your suggestions on the website I have tried going into display settings and have clicked on the no 2 screen and checked "Extend windows desktop on to secodary monitor etc etc" but everytime I apply these settings my laptop just reverts to the original settings and all I get is the display of the whole mixer and not the mixed output.I read somewhere on a cnet tech forum e-mail I received that this may be a common problem with DELL laptops.Something technical to do with a Bios upgrade being required, However before I had a chance to study the solution my wife deletd it from my inbox!!!! Doh!!!

Can anbody help???

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jun-2006 at 21:31
I have a similar problem with my laptop (Acer), but I think it's not so serious as yours. In my case, clicking the "Extendend windows desktop" option doesn't have effect unless the secondary output is properly plugged, turned on and the display driver could fully detect it. Otherwise, it just reverts to the default setting.

In practice, using the secondary output in my laptop means that I often have to move the TV cable, unplug-replug it at both sides, etc. until at some point the driver decides that it's ok and finally enables the TV output.

Some display drivers have a very useful option called "Force TV detection" or something like. If exists, this option is available at Display Properties > Settings > Advanced options > (the specific tab for your display driver). This option allows the Extended Desktop to be enabled even with no TV pluged. Then you just need to plug the TV cable and the picture is there.

Hope this helps...
Best regards,

Edited by Edy
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
DISCODUCK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DISCODUCK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jun-2006 at 02:09

Thanks for your response Edy but I think you may have misunderstood my problem.I am getting TV output to the projector but the screen is displaying the same view as on the source computer (i.e. both a & b channels and mixer on display).What I cant do is get the selected video from either a or b channel to show on projector screen as full screen.In other words my laptop is not allowing me to change the setting in display settings to make the secondary monitor receive the full output mix.After applying the settings for a secondary monitor the laptop just reverts to primary monitor output (i.e. same as what you see on the laptop screen.

Hope this makes sense to you Edy.

Alan

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jun-2006 at 00:25
Oh, ok! Yes, I misunderstood the problem.

Try disabling the "clone" option at your display's settings. Just search the options and try them until you get the normal single output: the TV screen connected to your laptop but showing no image.

Then open VJ2. It should ask you if you want the secondary screen to be enabled for full-screen. Click YES.

Please let me know if this works.
Best regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic