Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me resolve a codec problem....?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me resolve a codec problem....?
    Posted: 11-Jun-2007 at 16:18

Can anyone help?
I use DIVX for several karaoke files on DJS and they work perfectly with the DIVX codec.
Recently I've experimented with .flv and .3gp files on DJS, so that my customers can bluetooth their mobile phone movies which I can play on-screen.
Problem is, If I want .flv and .3gp files, I have to install the DJS codec pack - which results in DJS choosing a different codec to use for my divx files, with a very noticeable drop in visual quality. I want to keep the divx codec for my divx files, and find a standalone codec/codecs (not using the DJS codec pack) for .flv and .3gp.
Has anyone already encountered this or can offer any suggestions?
Is there a setting I can alter somewhere to define which codec to associate with a file type?

Edited by Alan Ross
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2007 at 13:20
If you have installed the Djs Codec Pack in Performance mode then most formats will choose the FFDSHOW codec. But you can configure FFDSHOW for accepting specific formats only, so other formats should fall-back to your previous codecs. Go to:

Start > All programs > K-Lite Codec Pack > Configuration > ffdshow > Video decoder configuration.

The first section, "Codecs", shows you a list of all the supported formats and the decoder used for decoding each one. Just set the decoder to "disabled" in a format and ffdshow will stop reading that format.

In order to support only .flv and .3gp files then you should disable all formats except FLV1 and H.263.

Cheers,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Jun-2007 at 11:46
Thanks Edy, will give it a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic