Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Desarrollo > Beta testing & Development
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deejaysystem VJ2 3.2 BETA 4 (english)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deejaysystem VJ2 3.2 BETA 4 (english)
    Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 17:54

Product: Deejaysystem Video VJ2
Version: 3.2 Beta 4
Date: 2008.02.05
Download: Deejaysystem_Video_20080205_320_Beta4.zip (3,19 Mb)

The beta testing period has expired.
A new version is already available at http://www.deejaysystem.com

New on this version:

• Fixed performance fault that prevented HD videos to be played smoothly.
  • Fixed the live input support. Cameras are now opened and played properly.
  • New option at Settings > Video: Use compatible video surfaces (slower). May fix playback problems in certain display drivers.

New features on beta 3:

• New, exclusive VLOCK™ Timming Technology!
    Timming is now dinamically locked to the display device's video refresh signal (VSYNC). VLOCK™ also detects FPS drops and automatically switches between VLOCK-mode and normal timming mode (not VSYNC-based) when necessary.
  • Ultra-smooth text ticker, now locked to screen's refresh via VLOCK™.
  • F11 key now shows/hides useful information on-screen: FPS, frame timming, refresh rate and VLOCK™ state (shows VLOCK when it's active).
  • Improved video decoding performance on multiple core CPUs.
  • Fixed aspect-ratio correction in background and logo.
  • Video rendering now uses triple-buffering for improving performance.
New features on beta 2:
  • Fixed graphic problems with Windows Vista and nVidia graphic cards. Should also improve performance in other chipsets.
  • Improved loading times.
New features on Beta 1:
  • NEW VIDEO PLAYBACK ENGINE! Core components have been completely re-designed and re-implemented, providing unparallel performance, compatibility and reliability even over previous versions of Deejaysystem VJ2.
  • Full High Definition (HD) videos are supported and can be played using really low CPU resources even in dual-screen setup.
  • Live internet video streams (mms://) are supported as Background and/or Logo. Up to 2 internet streams can be played simultaneously.
  • Full Windows Vista compatibility, including the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature.
Other things you will notice in this BETA over previous versions:
  • Less CPU usage. This is more noticeable when using two screens.
  • If the video device is lost (i.e. if you press Windows - L to switch user) the playing videos will be recovered without the audio being affected.
  • Videos are loaded faster.

Setup:

Unzip the file into a new folder, then click the file "VJ2 Beta".

Support:

If you find any problem with this version please post it here at the forum. Thank you!

Edited by Edy - 02-Jul-2008 at 04:56
kobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Oct-2007 at 04:04
LampWell as the first to comment at this forum I'd want to first of all congratulate you guys on a good job done with the beta1. but there are are still some issues I'd like sorted out in your next release of VJ2.
  1. The ticker is just a bit too basic. It would be really nice if you could add an option to specify a ticker background file (jpg,bmp,avi) to let the ticker text stand out from the video. It woiuld also be an advantage if you could have more than one ticker running on the screen at the same time (may be three or so...)
  2. Also The version 3.1.1 cannot decode AC3 sound properly on my PC. The video moves at normal speed but the sound lags behind and it's very slow. I haven't tested AC3 on the new version but I'm guessing it would be the same since they did not comment on fixing that Bug.
  3. Lastly I hope the next release will come with support for a wider variety of analog capture cards. because I noticed that it is very choosy when it comes to capture cards and dv cameras.

Congrats once againClap

DJ-Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Oct-2007 at 15:07
Hello

Where can I post if I miss some features or have some wishes for the programm??
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Oct-2007 at 15:34
Please use the "English-speaking forum". I'd prefer to keep this thread for discussion on tech problems about this beta only.

Thank you!
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
DJ-Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2007 at 03:22
Hello

I tested the Beta last evening during 5 hours and on my System (Laptop 2GHz 512MB Music on USB HD) the Programm is runing slower than the old one. Videos (vob Filese 150 - 250MB) are loding slower and I have more klick-klack on the monitoring output. I will try it agan on saturday, maybe its better then, will post it here.
DJ-Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2007 at 15:33
Hello

I tested the beta last week and had a problem with the video signal. after 2 houres the signal began to flicker. I started a new video and it run for 30 seconds good and then again it flickers. It was also slower than the normal version. I changed to the normal version and it worked for 3 houres.
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 05:28
Quote Videos (vob Filese 150 - 250MB) are loding slower

That's not completely exact. In previous versions the "Loaded" message appears just after the video has been opened. Then the program starts internally to fill its buffer. The time between the "Loaded" message appears and the user press the Play button is enough to allow the program to have its buffers ready for playback.

In latest BETA the program opens the track and fills its internal buffers before showing the "Loaded" message. This is why it appears to take a bit more time to load. This new behavior has been implemented because some video formats don't report correctly their properties until some of their data is decoded. We found this problem in many HD videos.

Quote It was also slower than the normal version.

I'm not sure about what you mean here. Are you refering to the slower loads, or there are something else that is slower than previous version? Please specify.

Best regards,

Edited by Edy - 28-Nov-2007 at 05:29
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 05:46
Originally posted by kobby kobby wrote:

The ticker is just a bit too basic. It would be really nice if you could add an option to specify a ticker background file (jpg,bmp,avi) to let the ticker text stand out from the video. It woiuld also be an advantage if you could have more than one ticker running on the screen at the same time (may be three or so...)

That's the goal of the ticker - being a basic but useful ticker. The background option is interesting and will probably be implemented in a future version. But I think that multiple tickers will definitely not!

Quote Also The version 3.1.1 cannot decode AC3 sound properly on my PC. The video moves at normal speed but the sound lags behind and it's very slow. I haven't tested AC3 on the new version but I'm guessing it would be the same since they did not comment on fixing that Bug.

That's not a bug in Deejaysystem. Each audio/video format can be decoded only if a proper DirectShow codec is available in the system. As far as I know, the latest K-Lite Codec Pack Deejaysystem Edition decodes AC3 perfectly. If it doesn't work in the default Codec setup mode (Performance) then uninstall and re-install the codec in the Compatibility setup mode.

Quote Lastly I hope the next release will come with support for a wider variety of analog capture cards. because I noticed that it is very choosy when it comes to capture cards and dv cameras.

Deejaysystem supports any capture device compatible with DirectShow. That mostly depends on the driver for each device. Almost all USB webcams, DV cameras and non-USB TV cards are compatible with DirectShow.

Thank you for your post!
Best regards,

Edited by Edy - 28-Nov-2007 at 05:51
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2008 at 13:47
Beta 3 is out. Hopefully this one will end with flickering problems, shacking text tickers, and things like that. Ah! The aspect-ratio bug is now fixed also.

Enjoy! (and don't forget to leave your feedback).
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
lessharrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lessharrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2008 at 04:38
CoolHey Edy,

I loaded beta 3 and so far so good, been mainly running *.VOB videos with no problems so far. One question about the ticker, how many characters can be put in the ticker for scrolling display?? It's cutting off some characters if it's too long.Shocked

And is there a way to chain several different ticker announcements together to be displayed during the night???? It'd be nice to be able to load several ticker files to be displayed in sequence when running a show.

SkipCool
bemy_s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bemy_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2008 at 15:20
Dear

I download a beta3 version for testing but i have 30 minutes limitation. I'm new user. I have other software for mixing video and i want to try deejaysystem also. I don't know how to do to bypass this limitation only for testing

thanks
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Feb-2008 at 21:46
Originally posted by bemy_s bemy_s wrote:

Dear

I download a beta3 version for testing but i have 30 minutes limitation. I'm new user. I have other software for mixing video and i want to try deejaysystem also. I don't know how to do to bypass this limitation only for testing

thanks

Sorry, but testing the latest BETA versions without the 30-min limitation is a privilege granted to current Deejaysystem VJ2 customers.

Anyways you can download and test this BETA version in trial mode, just like the other versions of Deejaysystem.

Regards,
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
cmatheny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmatheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Feb-2008 at 15:41
Just updated to BETA4. Noticed on the Options / Video screen, the 3rd checkbox down is in Spanish language. Everything else is English (i'm using English.xml translation file).
kobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 03:05
Cry I recenlty upgraded my computer and it now uses a NVIDIA gforce 7100 video card. I started getting the flicker problem as I expected. so I tried downgrading to a lower driver(ver. 77.77) , but didn't have any drivers for the 7100. I tried the versions after that but only ver. 93 worked and it still had the flicker problem. So I tried running the beta4 and as you said it solved the flicker problem. but it has a ton of its own problems. I need this problem solved as soon as posible else I'll be out of business. So I want to know when the final release will be available. if that cannot be possible can you include the antiflicker code in your stable 3.1.1 version?
Reply soon
thanks
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2008 at 16:31
Sorry for the problem. What problems are you encountering with Beta 4?

There are no improvements from 3.1.1 to 3.2, just a completely different video playback engine. There's no 'antiflicker' code. The new design doesn't have this problem.

You should focus in solving your problems with 3.2. They should be easy to fix, as the new version is by far more stable and compatible than any previous version.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic