Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Stick' mk II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Stick' mk II
    Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 08:25
I have noticed an issue with 3.1 and the new Beta which is causing me occasional problems.... can anyone suggest a solution?

I'm using the "mix now" button (not in autoplay mode) to mix from one player to the other. The crossfader normally sweeps smoothly from left to right, but quite regularly (about five times per night) I'm finding that the "mix now" fades out the active player..... but instead of starting and mixing into the opposite player, the crossfader simply pauses in dead centre position with both sides cued. The result is an embarrasing silence while I find my touchpad & reposition the cursor over the "play" button.

any suggestions?
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2007 at 15:21
Sounds like a bug...
Please tell me the exact steps you do tipically in your sessions: i.e. opening the decks, clicking Play or pressing Space... anything, as detailed as possible. I'll try to reproduce it here.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2008 at 06:07
Okay, will it took a while to catch this, but here's a very poor video capture of the problem. It's sideways on, so you'll have to tilt your head.

Deck A is playing video, Deck B is loaded & ready (also video). The music you hear is from an external source & is not related to the problem.
When clicking "Mix Now", the crossfader jumps straight to centre position. Deck A audio fades out smoothly, but Deck B mutes & fails to start.
For around two seconds afterwards, the play button on Deck B won't launch. Then the volume jumps to 100% and everything's fine. 
This problem seems to occur both on VJ3.2 and the new Beta.
I've tried it on two different PCs & had the same result.

Turn your volume down (unless Cliff Richard is your thing),
And prepare to get a sore neck.............

I now work around this by just using the play buttons instead of "mix now". So, I'm not so much looking for a solution, I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this?

Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2008 at 08:17
The fade in-out settings are very short, aren't them?  1-2 seconds? Please let me know what's your auto-fade settings (Settings > Playlist).
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
wingtipvortex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingtipvortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2008 at 20:56
Alan, i have had the exact same problem on occasions, to remedy, i changed my mix time values. 3 to 4 seconds seemed to fix this.
Alan Ross View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2008 at 04:43

Thanks, wingtipvortex,  I'll give it a try.

Edy, if you're trying to recreate the settings, mine were all at "2 seconds".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic