Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Naming of mp3 files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcake07310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naming of mp3 files
    Posted: 19-Dec-2009 at 20:55
Well, I have used vj2 for several years and love it!!!
However, I always used it for video files and only this fall when one of my friends asked me include some mp3 files in my play list did I discover something unusual.
My play list shows below and I have no problem with the .avi files or other video file types (.mpg, .vob, etc). However, some of the .mp3 files show up in the VJ2 playlist window without the first "token." For instance,
"Awaltz.04 Simply Red - brand new" shows up as Simply Red - ..." without the Awaltz.04. Same for the next one, Stylistics is at the left margin. Then, for several songs, the mp3 file names show wit the first genre token, and then again the genre label is missing. If I change the file type to .avi, no problem, so it appears to be related to the .mp3 file type.

If anyone can guess at what's going on, or suggest a work around, that would be appreciated. I can live with the problem though it is an inconvenience - as my friend likes to say, Play me a waltz, and it's more difficult of those genre names are missing. I tried putting the whole line in double quotes and VJ2 could not recognize the file name, and I tried putting just the song string "Awaltz.04 ... .mp3" in quotes and that didn't work either.
David

c:\mv\b.bmeds\Bmeds,78 Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes.avi
c:\mv\b.bmeds\Bmeds,68 Penguins - Earth Angel (Live,PBS).avi
c:\mv\b.bmeds\Bmeds,58 Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel (Video).avi
c:\mv\a.mp3fn\Awaltz.04 Simply Red - You Make Me Feel Brand New.mp3
c:\mv\a.mp3fn\Awaltz,74 Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New.mp3
c:\mv\a.mp3fn\Awaltz,70 Willie Nelson - You'll Always have Someone.mp3
c:\mv\a.mp3fn\Awaltz,70 Vince Gill - When I Call Your Name.mp3
c:\mv\a.mp3fn\Awaltz,70 Vince Gill - Pocket Full of Gold.mp3
c:\mv\a.mp3fn\Awaltz,70 Vince Gill - No Future in the Past.mp3
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Dec-2009 at 20:53

This is because Deejaysystem's playlist shows the tracks as Artist - Title. In mp3 files, this information is usually in the ID3 tags (in other words, it's stored inside the file) so the filen ame is ignored. In AVI files, the file name is used as no internal Artist - Title information is available.

Possible workarounds:

• Use a mp3 catalog software to remove the ID3 tag information, so the file name would be used.
  • Place the mouse over the track in the playlist. The pop-up hint shows the complete file name.
  • Use the SEARCH window (F3) when someone asks you for a genre. The SEARCH window looks at the file name, artist and title for displaying the results. So if you type "waltz", then all songs with "Awaltz" will be listed.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
cupcake07310 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcake07310 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Dec-2009 at 17:39
Of course, that's it. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic