Deejaysystem Professional Tools Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Deejaysystem international > English-speaking forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finding songs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding songs
    Posted: 20-Oct-2007 at 23:26
Can any body tell me how
to get a music file to load when you use search. I can
get it to load in deck A or B.
When I use my lap top,  but when I use my desk top, it will find the file, but it won't load it in deck A or B.
I am working with the same
external hard drive on both computers.Any help will be
great.
Thanks
Davie Lee
Davie Lee
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 11:08
Hi Davie,

Ensure that your external hard drive receives the same drive letter in both computers. If different letters are assigned, then the program wouldn't be able to find the tracks on one of the computers. The database stores the full path name for each track, including the drive letter.

You can change the letter for your external disk by following these steps:

1. Plug-in your external drive
2. Right-click "My Computer", then choose "Manage".
3. At the Computer Management window click "Disk Management".
4. Right-click your external drive (it will appear as "removable disk"). Select "Change drive letter and path".
5. Select the currently assigned letter and click "Edit...". Choose a new letter from the drop-down menu.

You should configure the drive letter at your DESKTOP computer. Ensure the drive letter to be the same that is assigned at your laptop.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Edy - 31-Oct-2007 at 08:08
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
Edy View Drop Down
Development Team
Development Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2007 at 08:08
Quote When using Two external Drives is there any way of making them the same letter?

You can repeat the above process for both drives, but note that only one of them should be connected at once. If you connect both, then the second one would receive a different drive letter.

If you want to use both drives at the same time, then you can mount them as folder in your drive C: instead of assigning a drive letter to each one.

You can do this by following the above steps, but at the step 5 choose "Add..." instead of "Edit...". Then select "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" and choose and empty folder from your drive. Repeat for both external disks.

This way you could have two external drives that you could access as two regular folders, for instance:

C:\Music\Disk1
C:\Music\Disk2

Of course, at least the path must be different.
Hope this helps you.
Edy / Deejaysystem Team
www.deejaysystem.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic